Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Hello All,

Just been awhile since being up North and was curious if anyone can recommend a place to spend the weekend. A shower is a must, but cannot recall if there is a Holiday Inn in that area. Looking to ride up North and looking for suggestions for places to stay and some areas to ride. I am riding with some newbies and trying to get them seasoned in.

Thanks a lot.
Jim

2TrakR

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2002
Couple motels in St Helen. Trails End and Est Wood are two that come to mine. Former is on Airport, just east of the light; latter is towards south end of town.
The Township Park has showers now, as part of it's campground. Right on Airport Rd.

If you are looking for bigger "chain" motels, West Branch and Houghton Lake would be about the closest.

CCCnurse

Oct 30, 2005
If your riding with some new guys and you want to be in that area I'd suggest you stay away from the St. Helen trails and go up the road a few to the Geels trail. It's less sandy, more technical, yet wide enough to not intimidate a newbie and it has some cut off options in case your newb, can't handle it.

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
+1 for advice from CCCNurse. My first offroad experience in 19 years was at St Helen and I nearly spewed in my helmet. Wore me right out. Geels, on the other hand, was a delight. The south loop is very doable, none too sandy, with a nice mixture of sand, light whoop, and even some tree-root infested sections for going slow.

Top Bottom