joey26

Apr 16, 2002
Me and some friends want to take a trip and go riding and camping for a few days. We are in central Iowa but riding parks around here are not to great for camping from what I hear. I was thinking about maybe going to missiouri to St. Joe state park. I was wondering if anyone had ever been there, I would like to hear if it would be worth the trip.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
We live in Missouri and have gone to St. Joes many of times. It is worth the trip. Lots of trails and flat lands. You would need to make reservations at the campground because they do fill up quickly. This way you know u have a place to stay. it cost $3.00 a day to ride and camping $14.00 a day. If you need more info just let me know.

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
gnarlykaw,
This place sounds awesome. I think we plan on spending 6 days here (2 for travel and 4 for riding). I was just wondering what the riding is like, conditions, etc. If there is anything else you think I should know about the place before we go feel free to let me know. Thanks for all the info.

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
I was also wondering how closely do they watch the sound level and spark arrestors. I'm not sure that my friends 4 wheeler would meet these regulations.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Hey Joey - I guess we never got a chance to hit any trails while I was still in Iowa. Go to St. Joe - you will love it. There's a lot of stuff similar to the Ft. Dodge riding. There's a little git of everything there for you, hills, nice timber trails, sand flats, and a really cool sandy shallow creek right down the middle of it all that feels NICE on a hot summer day.

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
Joey, don't worry about the DB from the pipes, the quad crowd drag rases up and down the sand, right in front of the pits.

joey26

Apr 16, 2002
Thanks for all the info. We have decided we are going there august 11-16, we'll be riding the 12-15. Me and 3 friends are going, it should be an awsome time. If anyone else would want to come riding any of the days we are there, the more riders the better.

nastypb'r

Jul 9, 2005
I grew up riding at St. Joe and would definately say the trip is worth while cost is $3.00 ride all day plenty of lakes for swimming and camping and so on available. I now live in springfield missouri and regulary drive 3 hours just to ride there. Lots of Sand, dirt and trails there are dozens of whoop tracks with some sweet berms not very many jumps but you can find some air if you look you will have a blast and i know you will come back once you come down. The trails range from fast fireroads to tight technical grooves and rooty hill.

Bman2005

Jun 17, 2005
nasty - have you been riding chadwick since your move to springfield?
i am curious to know how you would compare the two. our group of riders hasen't made it over to st. joe yet as we always opt for chadwick in the end based on it's distance and what we get for trails etc.

anyone have some decent pics of st. joe?

Top Bottom