Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
Anybody know any info on the October ride/race in St. Jsoe park near St. Louis. Some guys here in KC want to do it but we have not found out much info. I heard it was a pretty big deal. Also does anyone ride over at Kingsville on Tuesday nights. I need to get out and ride but don't want to go over there alone and ride solo.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
There are a few of us here! BigLou,AgentOrange,KDX220RM,KCHusky and Scott in KC. We ride Merwin on Thursdays..usually. I could have my arm twisted for Kingsville on occasion. We are going to Knobbyhill in St.Joseph this Saturday for open practice, come on along. The race you are referencing, is this a scramble or motox. I'm looking at the MHSC schedule and don't see anything other than Sept 16. Check out Chatrats.com for more info, also, there are some KC guys on Extremedirtbike.com also. Send me a mail if you like, Jason

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I may get to meet you guys this week. I am planning on going to Merwin on Thursday night and Knobbyhill on Sat. Quite the coincidence. I will be driving a black dakota and ride a KX No.5 Stop by and say hi. The race in St. Joe Park is a hair scramble and I heard Larry Roesler was there last year. I heard it is quite the big deal and lots of fun. It is a 60 mile fun ride on Sat with a 50 mile race on Sun. I will find out more and let everyone know

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Sounds great, I may not make Merwin this week, my wife has some stuff going on and I may have dad duty. Knobbyhill is a go for sure, my in laws live in King City, so I'm stopping to ride the track and meeting up with them later. I'll notify BigLou to keep an eye out for ya, he drives a white xtra cab Chevy riding an 01KTM 250MXC #116. I drive a silver Toy4x4, ride 01'426 #411. I'll see at one place or another. Feel free to send me an email, I'll put you on our "riding group" mailing list, we all bs about riding and plan up coming rides/races. Jason

Matthew

Mar 24, 2001
I have ridden at St. Joe many times and raced a few Harescrambles there. Most of the race course will be outside the normal ORV riding area. The last race there (July 1) was all outside the ORV area and was about 11 miles long. I think most times the course is 15-19 miles. It is fun and a fast course. Just be prepared for rocks and sand.

Matt
300exc

wfodbiker

Mar 27, 2001
Kaw Boy,
St. Joe used to have a Grand Prix race that was 100 miles(5 laps). I ran it in 1997 I think, got lapped by the Garrahan boys. Damn their fast. Anyway, it will be very rocky, very hot, usually single track tight stuff, with a few sand stretches thrown in. Did I say it would be rocky?;) I usually ride there 2 or 3 times a year, but I won't be attempting anymore 100 mile events.

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Hey KB5, looks like we are postponing the Knobbyhill ride, 115 degree heat index is looking nasty. :( We will hook for that place soon though, I want to check it out. I might stop by to peek at the track on my way by Saturday. Jason

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
I saw that forecast too and am reconsidering riding or not. I have the fever but am wondering if it is worth it in this heat. The track there is pretty good. They have an uphill triple that is pretty cool and a set of uphill whoops that are fun. The last time I was there they put a jump in front of a tabletop and made a huge jump out of it. I don't know anyone that has jumped it. I am worried this heat could be around for a while. I am sure you've seen it but the website is www.knobbyhillmx.com. See you later.

Kaw_Boy_5

Apr 18, 2001
Is anybody going to Merwin tonight. I was planning to go to Knobbyhill but just called and they are closed. Post here or email me

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
Sorry I missed your post KB5, Merwin has a motox race this Sunday as well as Knobbyhill, both tracks are closed for prep work. I don't race motox but BigLou and some fellas are going down there to race and watch. I'm hitting the trails of the Chicken Ranch Sunday if its not a mud bowl, otherwise I may wind up and Merwin as a spectator.

Top Bottom