Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
I've heard there is a place to ride near St. Thomas, Ontario, called "Lot Seven".
Does anyone have any info. on this and how to find it?

Thanks.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
I heard there is a old abandoned golf course somewhere out that way. Sounds familiar but I've never been there. You want a fun day of riding? Head up to the 400 pits in Barrie, great time, especially during the week its totally dead. Take the 400 North until, Molsen park drive. Take a left back under the highway. At your second light take a left. About 1.5 km's down the road there is a sandy road again on the left. Go down there, park and ride all day.

You can actually see the pits from the 400 jsut before you get to Molsen PArk Dr, so it will give you some idea of where to go.

Any good places up near Kitchener? I'm used to driving to ride, any hot spots would be appreciated...

bofforider

May 27, 2001
400 pits & Police

Unfortunately, the police have started to hand out tickets regularly there. My buddy was there two weeks ago and they got pretty much everyone who was riding. Another site bites the dust.

There's a track about 20 mins West of Orangeville, Ontario called Double B Racing that's not bad. Have you been to the Ganaraska forest: 1100 acres of great trail riding.

We're heading up to the Ganaraska on Saturday morning and Double B Racing on Sunday afternoon. Let me know if you are interested in meeting up with us.

Contact BoffoRider

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
They started handing out tickets at the pits?!?!???? That %&^ing really sucks. I knew a guy who had ridden there for over 10 years without ever being bothered. Like the police have nothing better to do then bust people there, there's not a house within 3 miles of that place. Ah well, what can you do. I've never been to Ganaraska forest, only the river fishing way back when I was a kid. 1100 acres of trail riding sounds like a dream, what do I need to ride there? offroad plates? insurance? I have neither, which is on par with most people I've met. Let me check the work schedule I'd love to take you up on the invite :)

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
You need off road plate, insurance and a member ship to the foerest.
It sounds like a hassle, but it is the most awesome riding area in Canada.

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Hucker
I heard there is a old abandoned golf course somewhere out that way. Sounds familiar but I've never been there. You want a fun day of riding? Head up to the 400 pits in Barrie, great time, especially during the week its totally dead. Take the 400 North until, Molsen park drive. Take a left back under the highway. At your second light take a left. About 1.5 km's down the road there is a sandy road again on the left. Go down there, park and ride all day.

You can actually see the pits from the 400 jsut before you get to Molsen PArk Dr, so it will give you some idea of where to go.

Any good places up near Kitchener? I'm used to driving to ride, any hot spots would be appreciated...

The place I have heard about is a farmer's property that, is apparently, literally hundred of acres that he charges an annual fee to use.
Its supposed to be pretty good, but I can seem to get any specific directions.
Close to Kitchener is Turkey Point, which I guess is very close to you, and Gopher Dunes for track riding. There is a good system of wood trails in Petersburg, just west of Kitchener. If you want specific directions just let me know.

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Gopher Dunes? Never heard of it. I usually ride at Beida's, its a MX track out in Fenwick. My insurance is rather on the large side because of a bad driving record. Something like $1100 per annum, just for liability. So you know what I told the insurance agent :) Give me a month, then I turn 25, and it should drop to a reasonable amount. Any chance of getting directions for Gopher Dunes? I'm always up for trying another MX track.

Thanks,

Bill

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
If you like to do some trail riding try St.Williams or Turkey Point. I prefer St.Williams as I find Turkey Point too whooped out for me. The MX guys like it there though. If you dont have a plate or insurance DON'T go to either place. The cops will fine you about $300 if you dont have your papers, plate etc... NO EXCEPTIONS! Gopher Dunes is a track just south of Tillsonburg. You can also go to "The Pit" in Thamesford. It has a good track and small trail network. You can ride there Wed, Sat, Sun. They charge $8 for the day. Motopark, near Owen Sound has 2-3 different tracks and some good, although very rocky trails.

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
The place in St.Thomas you are probably thinking of is actually near Parkhill. There is a group of guys who started a club and have permission to use the local Conservation Areas property. I have ridden there before and it is OK, but VERY RUTTED up from too many quads ripping the place up. A membership is $60 a year.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by scottyr
If you like to do some trail riding try St.Williams or Turkey Point. I prefer St.Williams as I find Turkey Point too whooped out for me. The MX guys like it there though. If you dont have a plate or insurance DON'T go to either place. The cops will fine you about $300 if you dont have your papers, plate etc... NO EXCEPTIONS! Gopher Dunes is a track just south of Tillsonburg. You can also go to "The Pit" in Thamesford. It has a good track and small trail network. You can ride there Wed, Sat, Sun. They charge $8 for the day. Motopark, near Owen Sound has 2-3 different tracks and some good, although very rocky trails.

Where is St Williams located. I took it that St Willaims and Turkey Point was the same place. Do the trails of the Point connect to the St. Williams trails?

scottyr

Mar 12, 2000
They are different places but close together. The same Conservation Authority manages both spots. They are not connected. You would have to ride some road to ride places in a day (10-15km apart). Go south on #59 from Tillsonburg. Go left (east) in Walshingham for about 2 kms and you will see an old sand road. Go down sand road about 2kms, you will see a small parking area on the north side of the sand road. Trails start right there. Again, dont go there unless you have proof of insurance and a licence plate. The C.O.s are ticketing everyone. They are paranoid of people riding there without insurance.

MRRMX

Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by scottyr
They are different places but close together. The same Conservation Authority manages both spots. They are not connected. You would have to ride some road to ride places in a day (10-15km apart). Go south on #59 from Tillsonburg. Go left (east) in Walshingham for about 2 kms and you will see an old sand road. Go down sand road about 2kms, you will see a small parking area on the north side of the sand road. Trails start right there. Again, dont go there unless you have proof of insurance and a licence plate. The C.O.s are ticketing everyone. They are paranoid of people riding there without insurance.

I got all the duckies covered....I have had the pleasure of talking with the OPP at the Point. The OPP officer was cool to deal with, I showed the required info. and the group spent 10 minutes shooting the breeze with him.

S

SQUEALSonwheels

I went to "the pit" in Thamesford on Sunday.....
The guy there said there is no riding on sunday's!! You are also suppose to call them before going. Does anyone have the number?

Top Bottom