XR 250R RIDER

Apr 5, 2001
Does anyone know something about stainless steel oil filters? A friend said he has heard about them. When you change you oil all you have to do is wash it out and can use it again. I have heard nothing else about this and some information would be helpful.

trl junkie

Feb 25, 2001
I just purchased two for my 01 KTM520 (it takes two, 1 short and 1 long) for $140.00 . A lot a coin, yes, but the last time I bought OEM KTM filters, it cost $28
:scream: They will pay for themselves in a short period of time, as I ride fairly frequently. The quality of the Scotts SS filters construction is very impressive. I actually used a Fiber microscope to view the holes ,and I came away with a respect for the product. They claim to filter to a smaller micron than the pleated paper element filters, while actually increasing the oil flow too!

XR 250R RIDER

Apr 5, 2001
It look like a filter for the 250r would be about $70. What is the cost for the OEM oil filter. Is there any disadvantages to this filter, I so far don't see any.

BoneBuster

Apr 22, 2001
I have one on my XR650R, it is VERY well made, just clean it with degreaser and rinse with water, let dry, pop it back in and it is as good as new. $60+ is kinda steep and will take many oil changes to pay itself off, but heck, as least you know you have a shiny new filter with every oil change :)

Top Bottom