Apr 26, 2007
HI I have done a search but could not find any info on why my CR125 stalls as soon as I select 1st or 2nd gear.

I have just put in a new piston, so the carbie has not had fuel in it for about 4 weeks, could I have a sticking float or needle problem.

It will Idle ok, the clutch engages the gears ok when the bike is not running so I think the clutch is working ok.

Any ideas I am desperate to ride ASAP.

:ride:

Ryan314

Feb 4, 2007
My YZ125 tends to jerk forward and try to roll when I pop it into first gear... If I don't give it some gas immediatly after putting it into first, it will most likely stall out. Is this the same thing thats happening to you? If so, it's completely normal.

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Give it a rev as you drop it in to gear. If the bike tries to crawl forward in gear with the clutch in, you've got some clutch problems. But, the clutch will drag on the engine some, especially while the transmission oil is cold. Adjust some slack out of your clutch cable if it has too much.

02yz426f

Nov 15, 2006
definately a wear issue with the clutch. Give it gas before the shift as others have stated. When the clutch gets so bad that it takes off with the clutch in, its time for replacement

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
Pressure plates, frictions, or baskets usually cause clutch drag. It's pretty normal for a bike to stall as you drop it in gear if you don't give it a rev first, especially when cold. Don't go throwing money at new clutch parts. If the clutch application is jerky or you can feel the bike trying to creep forward with the clutch in and in gear, then it's time to be suspicious of the clutch. The couple of brand new bikes I have ridden (a couple of 03 WR's back in 03) all died when you dropped them in gear without revving. In fact, the only bikes that don't do it that I have ridden are my TT225 and a XR650L.

All this said, always check your clutch lever freeplay. Sometimes, I even have to adjust it while I'm riding. Too much play will make the clutch not release all of the way and cause these symptoms.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Search for "notchy clutch". Several great threads with tons of troubleshooting and solution info. You may have to search in several of the sub forums.

Top Bottom