2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Lord Stanley's Cup, hockey's biggest prize is in Anaheim. The first time the Cup has come to California. :nod:

I have been luckey enough to go to many games this season and several during the playoffs. I went to last nights game 5 and it was one huge party. The Ducks succesfully shut them down with forechecking and every line produced. The Senators never got "on". Teemu was so happy, watching everyone hoist the cup was somthing special.

My voice is gone and my ears are like I took a long ride on a uncorked 4 stroke. I sat in front of Mike Scoiscia (sp) and next to the husband of a Senator. Yes the husband of Barbara Boxer (I just threw up a little in my mouth). He was even discretly cheering for Canada. Figures, friggin lib. If I had half a chance Id' have giveng him a message for his wife, but he looked the type not able to deliver such a message, I suspect he is castrated. :rotfl:

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
It was quite the game. I would of liked it to go to game 6 or 7, as I like a little more action. This years series was certainly not as good as lasts.

Still really glad to see Anaheim win the cup.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Congrats to the Ducks, they were a very deserving champion. While I would like to have seen Ottawa win out of Patriotism but I'm very glad to see as fine a gentleman as Teemu Selanne get a cup this late in his career. Watching Teemu as a rookie in Winnipeg, breaking the rookie scoring record was season I'll always remember. It was also nice to see former Winnipeg Jets defenceman and Manitoba Moose coach Randy Carlyle get a Stanley cup as well.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Was there a hockey game or sumpin?
So Chili, sounds like you still got some Patriotism in there :p

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
It was a lot of fun. I too would have liked to have seen more action for the final game and my original prediction for this series was Ducks in 7. I have been going to Ducks games for the past 14 years and a handfull of Kings games before that, I am glad to see the Ducks as a hockey club instead of how they started as a wing of Disney merchandising.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
2strok4fun said:
I am glad to see the Ducks as a hockey club instead of how they started as a wing of Disney merchandising.

Take a look at the roster, coaches included today compared to during and prior to the lockout. It all comes down to one man's vision, kudo's Brian Burke :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I thought the LA Kings won the cup once?

or maybe they were just cool cuz they had Gretzky for a while?

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
XRpredator said:
I thought the LA Kings won the cup once?

or maybe they were just cool cuz they had Gretzky for a while?

A favorite quote a friend of mine likes to throw around since he's a huge Edmonton Oilers fan is "The Oilers won the cup without Gretzky, Gretzky never won the cup without the Oilers."

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Suddenly southern Californian's are interested in hockey.......pffffttt.

ZOOK250

Oct 5, 2001
i generally have a dislike for anything ottawa or eastern canada ,(center of the universe thing, toronto sucks too. nothing personal) so i am so happy that the Ducks won. i hope teemu doesnt pack it in after this. he has been awsome to watch over his career. long live the "Winnipeg Jets"

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
jefpel said:
14 of the 18 ducks players dressed were canadian :cool:

No doubt. I often wondered how long it will take before we see more americans in the NHL.

Top Bottom