Old CR goat

Sponsoring Member
Nov 10, 2000
DW'02 I will be there! I have reminded my wife 4 times in three days that it's Oklahoma, and I'm going. The last time was 5:00 AM today, her response was" damn right you are, I'm not putting up with another two weeks of whining from you because you didn't":)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'm There!

I've already bought a bigger piggy bank. Next year, I'll drag some compadres along with--I don't care if I have to beg, whine, plead, cajole, or kidnap. I'm gettin a bike with some HP, too.

I'm bringing spare handlebars and a subframe (in case KC Big Dog wants to ride it). :p

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
942 miles!
there's no way I'm driving that all by my lonesome. The 6.5 hours from here to Casey was killin' me, but you know I wouldn't trade a minute of it and I'd do it all over again :)

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Re: I'm There!

Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
I'm bringing spare handlebars and a subframe (in case KC Big Dog wants to ride it). :p

Don't bother with the handle bars and subframe. I have learned my lesson and I am perfectly content with my bike and I am never siting on another persons bike again, let alone ride it!!!

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
Has there been any consideration for a Spring and Fall session? Do a west/central and east/central location. Split the sponsorship between the two. I have not participated in DW yet (new member) but from all the threads it seems too good to do once a year. Thoughts?

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Originally posted by sspmxc400
Has there been any consideration for a Spring and Fall session? Do a west/central and east/central location. Split the sponsorship between the two. I have not participated in DW yet (new member) but from all the threads it seems too good to do once a year. Thoughts?
That's a great idea! I would do two DWs a year.

KC-Big, C'mon, man. We hafta have somebody to bag on. :)

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by Okiewan
TTRGuy, FarmerJohn, Speedy and Billy, 36 hours non-stop from SoCal in an extended cap Tacoma. Too far? Ask them if they'd do it again.
The answer would be YUP, YUP, YUP!! :) :)

I can see work, family, or money being a factor, but "too far"??
:think No such thing. Last year we drove aprox. 6,000 miles round trip, this year was 36+ hours, 2,000+ miles straight through and I would go to the ends of the earth to be there next year.

There is plenty of time to plan, save, and scheme for DW02 so get on it people!! :cool:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I think I'm going to open up a savings account just for Dirtweek '02 and start contributing now. That way I'll be ready for what ever I need to do to get there. Something serious is going to have to happen for me to miss any Dirtweek.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Talked to Chuck Cooper, Guys brother. Chuck said that Guy has just cut some new virgin trails at Cooperland. He said they are great. I sure hope it works out.

WaltCMoto

Sponsoring Member
Jan 1, 2001
To far....DONT THINK SO

After getting back home from DW01, I asked miniRider127 if he thought next year 14 hours would be to long of a drive. He didn't even hesitate in saying lets go, that was soooooo much fun:) I hope he dosnt mind missing 3 days of school:p
Walt

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
Re: To far....DONT THINK SO

Originally posted by WaltCMoto
After getting back home from DW01, I asked miniRider127 if he thought next year 14 hours would be to long of a drive. He didn't even hesitate in saying lets go, that was soooooo much fun:) I hope he dosnt mind missing 3 days of school:p
Walt

Lets see, go to school (boring) or take off on a road trip to go dirt biking for 3 days?

The answer is in the question and if you are a member to DRN, you already know the answer.

Top Bottom