Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Start getting ready for Dirt Week '02! It will be even bigger and better (yes that is hard to imagine but it will be). Go to work sick so you can save your time off, pick up change in the parking lot of the 7-11, whatever it takes do it because you will not be sorry if you attend. Too far to drive? Give me a break! We had people travel 36 hours each way and from other countries (OK Canada). There were thing for everyone to do and watch no matter what their skill or riding preference so long as it involved dirt.

BE THERE! (I know I will be).

KC_BigDog_51

Mar 25, 2001
I 2nd that thought!

Patman was parked behind us most of the week with his head buried in the cases of his KTM trying to get it running. Look how pumped he is for next year and he hardly even got to ride while there.

I've got my calender blocked out!!

See ya all there!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
You guys are killing me! I can’t seem to go anywhere with out getting DirtWeek rubbed in my face ;) It sounds like it was a blast, especially the parts about broken bikes and such :p

I’ll put it on my calendar for next year but it was on my calendar for this year :eek:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Don't use pencil this time!:D

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I'd say expect "details" within the next 180 days.:)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
It was one of the funnest times I've ever had. Even the trip there and home was fun. Getting to ride in events that I normally wouldn't do was great. I would recommend it for anyone of any riding level or riding type.

LWilson250

Jan 1, 2001
If I have a nice new bike and a truck and it's near Houston next year count me in. I hope it's going to be in either Texas or Oklahoma. From what everyone says it sounds like a blast! I hope I can make it.

Lee W.

Treestomper

Sep 16, 2001
I have heard it was going to be around Oklahoma next time. So Pat how do I get out of school for that long with out them calling my parents?:scream:

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I just took a pek on mapquest and cooperland is about 20 hours away. Things are not looking good for me.:(. But, if Okie can schedule it BEFORE school then I and alot more could join you guys. I also need to find transportation. Although I will have a liscense, my parents would never let me travel that far by myself. I am already harassing my parents to let me go.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Originally posted by RM_guy
You guys are killing me! I can’t seem to go anywhere with out getting DirtWeek rubbed in my face ;) It sounds like it was a blast, especially the parts about broken bikes and such :p

I’ll put it on my calendar for next year but it was on my calendar for this year :eek:

I feel you pain RM guy. I was getting everything ready Tuesday evening, to leave Wed morning. My sons football game was cancelled due to rain, and re-scheduled for Sat. I made the decision not to go. Haven't missed one of his game yet in 6 years, and didn't want to start. To make matters worse, I was on vacation all week. Not the best vacation I've every had seating around wondering how much fun everyone was having!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by KawieKX125
if Okie can schedule it BEFORE school

it's still in the 100+ temperature range with high humidity here before school starts. it would probably be very uncomfortable for the northern guys.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
October is the target date.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by Sawblade

Not the best vacation I've every had seating around wondering how much fun everyone was having!

wonder no more, we had a great time.:D

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Probably the best time I've ever had. Heck even teh trip home was fun, except the broken spring. I didn't get any peanuts either.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Treestomper

You should talk to Mike Z. he brought his kids. They did there homework each day and burned umpteen gallons of fuel. I would say they got a excellent lesson in friendship, sportsmanship, kindness, and reponsiblility. As for their school work, they probably did better on it than if they were sitting in a clean school room. Plan now because this event is awsome.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Little Patman (989) will be there for sure. Going to try to do the remote homework thing like Mike Z if not he'll just have to miss a few days of school. I know it will be tough to convince him :p

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Cross your fingers LT.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
They make kid sized trial bikes (not Montesa though :() and to be honest at 9 he's got more raw talent than I'll ever have. Gota' upgrade the dirt bike this year though, I may let him mess with my 315 as he CAN touch the ground (as long as mom isn't home) :D Heck "the kid" had a good time on it and he's 13! I think if more kids learned to ride them we'd have a larger number of "top gun" riders in the U.S.

Top Bottom