380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
What would you all think if we made a 2 bike starting gate for the up hill drags. We could make it totally portable maybe take it out friday and pick it up on sunday. A bunch of us had a blast last year dragging up that hill. I think it would be cool if we had a gate to drop. What you guys think? We could get dave186 (yes you) to build it :aj: .

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
ill have it done tommorow. unless you want an air operated one like at cooperland.... actually it sounds like a fun project. for drag racing maybe we should rig up a tree with electronic timing and everything :aj:

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
The "tree and electronic timing" might be a little much, but the gate is very doable.....

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Oh he is in...... Its the lure of the desert.....

It calls us. Once you get a taste it will eventually consume you. Until one day you discover you cant live with out it. Like a heroin addict needs its methadone clinic.....

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by dirt bike dave
Seems like a single elimination DRN hill climb drag championship could be in the making.... Sounds like great fun for spectators and racers!
Sounds good to me. This time we should match up by bike size. My little 125 can't hang with the bigger bikes. I ned to have a fighting chance. :aj:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by Strick
Dirt Bike Dave, does your post mean you are 'in'??

Going to try, but I am in the 'definite maybe' category.

If you can pry them away from the trails, I would like to see a hill climb drag race between MR WR's GasGas 200 and Angry Jim's KTM 200. ;)

Perhaps classes can be organized by skill, displacement and 'grudge match'?

I went to one of the NAHA hillclimbs a few years ago and it was great fun to see ONE bike go up the hill against the clock. A starting gate for two climbers would be great fun to watch!

Last edited:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
I would really like to see you there, DBD.

And I already know who would win the hillclimb between those two ;)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Dirt Bike Dave, I really hope you can make it! BTW, I already know how to get to Reno, imagine that! ;)

dave186, hows the progress on the start gate? Sounds like a good idea, thanks!

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Originally posted by dirt bike dave

Strick - You bleed orange, so that might bias your predicition!

Yes it's true; orange blood.

What is that old saying? " It's the bike not the rider?"

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
well, im still designing on the starting gate. 380 doesnt want no redneck farmer stuff, so I gotta put some time into it. it will be done by Feb. for sure.

B

biglou

Dave-I have access to steel and benders if you want some U-shaped gates just like MX. Let me know and I should be able to hack something together. The drop and hinge mechanisms will have to be handled on your end, along with any welding. Of course, I could do it all here, but then I sure would hate to ship it off! Let me know what you think.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
havent quite decided on the bending part. I have access to the equipment, its just finding time to get there... I'll keep you in mind though Lou.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
I have access to the equipment, its just finding time to get there...
I will have a little talk with your boss and see if he can give you some time off. With pay of course.... ;)

RetSenior

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 15, 2000
If dirt bike dave is a 'definite maybe' then count me in as a 'definite maybe' too. Plus I would like to see a hill climb drag race between MR WR's GasGas 200 and Angry Jim's KTM 200 too.

angry jim

Sponsoring Member
Aug 4, 2000
Lets see: Mr WR/angry jim comparison.
1. We both ride 200's
2. We're both Raider fans
3. Our birthdays are 3 days apart. Scorpios of course!
4. We both live for hardcore singletrack.
5. We both are roughly the same size.
6. We can be extremely jingoistic.
7. We arent very patient.

Differences
1. Ktm/Gas Gas
2. Mr WR-ex marine/aj-long haired slacker
3. Mr WR-about to be in SR class/aj-middle aged VET classer

Let the betting begin ladies and gentlemen. Looks too close to call from hear :cool: .

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I want to see the hill before I make my bet. But if Strick will give me 2:1 odds, I might have to take the Gas Gas (sorry, Jim). Are we talking best 2 out of 3 or one shot, winner take all?

MR.WR

Apr 7, 2000
posted by AngryJim
Let the betting begin ladies and gentlemen. Looks too close to call from hear .

Jim, since there betting on us, all proceeds go towards beer and chow :yeehaw:

Since I'm getting older and slower I get a bit of ahead start right? :aj:

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Dirt Bike Dave you are on 2:1, and I get the orange bike (nothing personal Rick - the KTM is just faster). That means Dave.....you have to come and see it. None of this internet betting stuff --> O.K.?

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
I've got $10 that says "The Ant" can beat "CJ" on WhoopHill.

Susan says, "... the only way that is going to happen is if CJ doesn't show up."

Dang.... she's thinkin' like a girl again. No problem - I've got 3 months to whip her into a frenzy and a take-no-girlfriends/prisoners frame of mind.

(grin) Man, Moon Rocks is going to rock this year..... E-Ticket

Top Bottom