FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Let the betting begin ladies and gentlemen. Looks too close to call from hear.

Let's see......Switzerland has more mountains than Netherlands....so angry jim has the advantages? Well, I think I have to see you guys on the bikes first!

Those whoops on the hill are annoying. I lost momemtum after going 2/3 of the hill on my XR200 and had to turn around last time. I can't wait to try again on my KDX!

Mini

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
Originally posted by FireLily
Those whoops on the hill are annoying. I lost momemtum after going 2/3 of the hill on my XR200 and had to turn around last time.

Ditto that, plus I freaked the first time I went up not realizing that if you didn't slow down or make a turn, you were going to go straight back down the backside in a hurry! :scream:
The solid rock at the top was kind of scary too. I almost wiped out when my back tire started sliding on it.
I'm just going to be so glad to be riding somewhere that doesn't have trees!! :confused:

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I think that we need a "special test" type course too.

Something around the Moonrocks and less than 5 minutes long.

CSL

Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by E-Ticket
I've got $10 that says "The Ant" can beat "CJ" on WhoopHill.

I'll take that bet! :thumb:

(no offense Ant, but I'd be sleeping on the couch for weeks if I voted any other way)

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
I think that we need a "special test" type course too.

Something around the Moonrocks and less than 5 minutes long.

That would be fun

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
Kiwi - fill me on on Special test course. I know I can set something ready, but I need to know what you have in mind.

Yesterday was the annual Moonrocks race - very technical (36 mile loops). There are a couple of ravines that are close together that are drop-off, after drop-off, after drop-off. Is this the kind of special test, or are you thinking a trials event with non-trials bikes?

I think we should hill climb some of the Sandy uphills out there. Oh, maybe not. The under 250cc class would not be happy. :whiner:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Originally posted by Strick
I think we should hill climb some of the Sandy uphills out there. Oh, maybe not. The under 250cc class would not be happy. :whiner:

<-------------- Ya see that? I aint skeered. And if for some reason I don't make it on the first try than I'll go with.........................

>>Rudy Rudager voice on<<
"I can do it coach. Let me try again."
>> Rudy voice off<<

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I'm thinking a spectator event with a couple of the little goat trails around the rocks and a couple of the whooped trails - lots of turns, a little technical, a little fast. All within easy viewing from the rocks and nothing that most people couldn't do. Something to equalize the bike sizes and make it more rider ability and fun for all.

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
One word - Whoops! The great equalizer. I say we run a timed whoop section. Then I think Thumbs (Rudy) will have me a little concerned.

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Yeah lets do a timed whoop section.... Im all for that.
A trials type slow technical race would be cool as well.

Gate update - Dave has given me a list of materials he needs. Once I get the materials, Im guessing he will start building it in about a month.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by 380EXCman
Gate update - Dave has given me a list of materials he needs. Once I get the materials, Im guessing he will start building it in about a month.

actually i tink part of it is already done!

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hey CSL.... you're on!

I'll start calling around for prices on bleachers and a concession stand.

(grin)

And good ideas on the timed, special course! Keep it short, keep it in view, one short section of whoops, one really tight section, one "fun" section. Make it doable for all .... the "competitors" will take care of it being interesting.

Nope. No competitive people here, boss! (grin)

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
At a minimum, make the course come at *least* come close to one tree for us Northerners.... (grin)

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
Hey... you won't know until you try.

Top Bottom