LarryBoy

Jun 29, 2001
Last week I bought a bone stock '92 KDX200 and absolutely love it. It runs like a champ, however it spooged all over the place with a 32:1 mix of Bel-Ray (MC-1?) so I bumped to 40:1. This cut down the spooge considerably, however I still get horrible gas mileage. I am aware that Kawasaki sends everything from the factory rich, and I know I need to change it. Does anyone out there with a '92 remember what settings they used totally stock? I plan on doing the drill listed in JustKDX Carb Tuning, but having a good starting place will greatly speed up the process for me. Thanks much!!

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
As a starting point try the stock R1172N jet needle in the second from the top clip position (#2) , a 45 pilot jet, 152 main jet and fine-tune the pilot circuit using the air screw. I'd also pick up a 155 main and a 42 pilot jet so you'll have options in hand before you try to fine tune things. Be sure to do a plug reading at WOT to insure you aren't running lean. You'll find instructions in the JustKDX web page under Carb Tuning

David

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom