trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I don't know if it's because of the cold weather setting in up here, but the CRF has problems starting. I have this bike for two years now, and it is the first time I encounter this issue. The bike will pull start immediately, as soon as I drop the clutch. Once it's started, I have no problems restarting it with the kickstart. The valves are on spec. A new piston and rings are on the way, I am thinking this could be the problem. When the bike is cold, with a worn piston/rings, it probably can't suck in enough mixture to get it started. This would explain why it is so easy to start afterward and also why it starts right up when pulled. Also, I feel the bike has less compression when I kickstart it. Would worn piston/rings be the cause of this problem? Or will the bike still act this way when I refresh those parts?
Thanks!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
More than what is recommended!

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
_JOE_ I think you installed a hi-comp piston in your bike? How did it affect performance, and most importantly, reliability and maintenance costs? Do you run pump gas? I've always kept everything OEM on my bike (but in good shape), but I've come across JE pistons and CP pistons for sale on the auction site nearly the same price of a regular OEM piston kit. I was just wondering if I could benefit from those. Thanks!

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
I used a Wiseco and it helped the bottom end and luggability. I run 93 octane pump fuel. This summer turned out to be a bust as far as riding goes, I only have about 12 hours on this top end. It will get torn down once the snow flies. I hear the JE pistons are decent, but I have no personal experience with them.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom