meyer10

May 7, 2010
Alright! My bike would not start! I noticed I was not getting spark so I put a new Spark plug in. And it does have spark. But still wouldn't start so! I cleaned the carburetor! I put it back on! Then it fired up and I took it for a short ride. Had To go have lunch. Came back Expecting it would start. NO it does not start. Checked the spark and it sparks. Help please... I am getting pretty fustrated with it! I jsut put 600 dollars into it. FMF Fatty Exhaust and Shorty Powercore. new sprockets chain tires. PLease help. Its a 2000 Suzuki Rm80.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Fill in some of the recent history.

Did it used to start fine and then suddenly start having this issue?

You said you just bought a new pipe and silencer, was it OK before that and bad after?

Has it sat for a while since it was run last?

When you got it started, how did it run?

If the bike has been sitting for a long time then I would recommend draining the gas tank and trying with fresh gas.

If the problem started when you changed the pipe and silencer then I would suspect that the jetting requirements have changed with the new pipe. FMF generally provides jetting information along with the pipe so see what they recommend.

How long has it been since the top end was rebuilt? I would recommend doing a compression test and see if you have lost compression.

Rod

meyer10

May 7, 2010
Thanks for that info. I already did all that. But I just heard on a other forum about tipping the bike over and letting gas drian out for a little bit. I did that. And now it runs great! :D

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Be sure to turn the fuel OFF when you are not running it.

Top Bottom