Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
Anyone else here race in the GP at Starvation Ridge this weekend?
We raced on Saturday, and they started the riders meeting off with, 'can everyone here swim'?! and they weren't kidding!
On the 11 mile course, there must have been 10 + mudholes to lose your bike in. Plus 3-4 big ponds that the single track went right along. I've never seen anything like it!
I finally got stuck on my last lap, and sat for 20-30 minutes before someone came along and helped me get out.
It was great fun, and I don't think I've ever been so dirty and muddy riding EVER.
Cheers,
Holley

Yamaholley

Jul 12, 2001
well, I did that too LOL
there was a gigantic mud/goo puddle at the finish line, so they routed us around it...so, instead of about 30-40ft of mud to plow through, you had to go about 200 yards, in the same mud, mixed with grass and rocks ;)
Must have made sense to SOMEONE LOL
I didn't get stuck, I just fell over...pretty embarrassing!

ScottP

Jun 18, 2001
I got stuck twice on my last lap of the Saturday team race. Once when I got too close to the first pond after the start and once in the finish line mud hole. Although it was a lot nicer than the November race. That was a 10.5 mile mud bog. We almost overloaded the trailer bringing 4 muddy bikes home.

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
I was there sunday and had a blast! it was my first race! I did the team race and my race was the next one I had just enough time to gas up, and off I went! five laps in a row, I think I'm still sore! I'll be there next weekend.

Top Bottom