KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Reading the pressure tester thread reminded me of something weird that happened on my 03 KX250 the other day. After washing the bike I warmed it up to change the oil and while I was draining the oil I could hear air coming out of somewhere that turned out to be one of the bolt holes on my stator cover????? Why would pressure build up in there? Or could this be an air leak from the seal? The bike does seem to be pinging sometimes but not bogging at all. The only thing I've changed is to move the clip up one position, other wise the bike only has maybe 30-40 hours total? Any ideas?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
This is a guess but there may be water in there that is boiling away when the motor get hot and leaking out.

KXTodd

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2000
Yes I think I will build the tester when i get a round tuit ;) Just don't want to blow it up in the meantime.
The water was bubbling out of one of the top bolt holes so not boiling, any other guesses?

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by KXTodd
...The water was bubbling out of one of the top bolt holes so not boiling, any other guesses?
The water doesn't have to boil to be forced out. Just getting the air hot will make it expand and leak out anyplace it can.

Top Bottom