Headset

Jan 19, 2005
I have a KDX 220 with all the typical mods
This has resulted in quite an expanded top end and i find myself considering adding a steering damper.
Is anyone willing to recommend a steering damper that works well and installs cleanly on a KDX

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
If you want something inexpensive, buy a used WER and try it out, don't pay more than $200. If you want the best, Scott's all the way, but they are pretty pricy.

JasonRan

Jun 6, 2005
I have a WER and it works great for the price. The Scotts is a great unit but will set you back quite a bit. It all depends on your budget and how nice a one you want. With either one, you will notice a huge difference! :ride:

mideastrider

~SPONSOR~
Jul 8, 2006
WER Makes a complete kit for a kdx that works well and mounts out of the way and not very expensive compared to other brands. Scotts and GPR are great dampers but are expensive for the unit plus you have to buy a mounting kit and its not cheap.

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
I have a WER on my KDX and the nice thing is the low cost and it mounts out of the way. I also have a Scotts on my RMX. The Scotts has more adjustments and better quality than the WER. As far as performance with either one you will notice a difference compared to not having a steering damper. However, IMO the difference in performance between the two is harder to distinguish. Attached a couple of pics to show what the WER and Scotts looks like mounted.

KXCargasketandgearoil012.jpg

GPS002.jpg

83106009.jpg

Top Bottom