ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
I've got to replace my stem bearings and dampener pin so i need to take the steering stem nut off but dont have a wrench big enough. Does any1 know what size it is for an 02 YZ250?

ls1cameric

Feb 23, 2006
MXP1MP said:
It's like easy a 27mm I think it's a 32mm you need some bigger sockets :)

Went to home depot last night and the biggest socket they had was a 27mm. Too small. So, I tried to crank on it w/ a huge cresent wrench and this damn thing wont budge. I even had a buddy helping me out.

Any tricks to get this thing off?
Tonight we're going to try a torque wrench seing that it has a breaker bar on it might do the trick.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Only trick I will suggest is measuring the nut and get the proper size socket or wrench for it. There really is no substitute for the proper tool.

I would think a Sears store would have the correct size socket. If not Sears, stopping a Snap-on or Mac tool truck would do the trick.

Maybe you could bring your bike to a local dealer and they would break the nut free for you?

mxwannabe

May 11, 2005
Northen tool company sells wrenches of all sizes. Last time I went in there they had some that were huge so im sure they would have the size you need

Top Bottom