Stewart "Possibly" may wear a Leatt @ Washougal

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
He's a complete idiot if he doesn't. :nod:
Especially since he has a good friend in a chair.
Just my humble opinion. :cool:

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Ol'89r said:
He's a complete idiot if he doesn't. :nod:
Especially since he has a good friend in a chair.
Just my humble opinion. :cool:
Right on. Given the fact that he has someone so close to him with a spinal cord injury, you'd think he'd be one of the first guys with it on. I hope he decides to wear it. And Hopefully the rest of the knuckleheads will follow suit. I worked a local race a month or so back and expected to see more than the handful than I saw out of 150 riders. :(

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
tony91 said:
I worked a local race a month or so back and expected to see more than the handful than I saw out of 150 riders. :(
actually I am seeing more at the local race level then I expected :cool:
Just that the cost is still above what most local racers can (or will afford just yet). Hopefully soon more conclusive testing will convince them that the cost is minimal considering the consequence. I don't know for sure but I believe that Spider could have sustained a much more serious injury last weekend if he had not been wearing his. No way to prove either way but I am happy he is up and walking

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Glad to hear your boy is OK. :cool: Between 4 years of college FB, a cracked vertebra, and few trips over the bars at speed, I know I've pushed my luck. And as far as the cost is concerned, I couldn't agree with you more. The Leatt wasn't really in my "fun" budget. But I made a few adjustments otherwise and worked it in. Call me corny, but Bailey's plea got to me. I promised myself I wouldn't ride until I got one. But before I got my Leatt, I had a chance to go ride a 450, set-up for a guy my size. It was zero fun. I did a few slow laps and parked it. Every little swap or slide-out had me freaked. I haven't had a chance to ride since, but my Leatt is sitting in my gear bag ready to go. :ride:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Looking at the pictures from the race, It does not appear that he wore one after all. I would like to see Asterisk develop one.

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
Solid State said:
tony,
Why SMDA and not MAMA? Just curious.
I can't race MAMA b/c I don't have a child that races yet. SMDR is our riding club, although we do host a points race annually for District 7. SMDR is a great club run by a great group of folks. Join if you get the chance! There's also the Delmarva series out here on the shore. It's been a while since I lined it up though. Oh how life changes when you have children. :) It also didn't help to move 150 miles away from 2 tracks to which I had constant access. :bang:

Top Bottom