Stewart vs Dungey

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Forgot to put SPOILER in the title, maybe you don't want to read on!

Good stuff huh?... on the edge of my seat!

When I hear someone complain about the networks, in the past I've always thought "I'm just greatful it's televised." But...

NBC Sports *Commercials and advertisements* Network about drove me nuts last night. :yell:

Anyway... #7 and #5 were on the gas! :cool:

Tomac's looking dominant too.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah it's been close between Dungey and Stewart. Dungey is faster that Stewart but can close the deal to pass. I have to say that Stewart and the RM are making close friends and he's got some confidence back.

Bagget is the one to watch again this year. I want to see him and Tomac both get good starts and battle it out.

The televising on both Fuel and NBC Sports sucks. They break for a commercial and when they come back there have been position changes that they don't even talk about. Then they show someone in 9th or 12th place for 2 laps riding all by themselves. I don't get it.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
I think js7 is holding back a little and not ridding on the edge inorder to keep it on two wheels and not get injured. I think if Dungey were to really press him, he would either crash or become that much more confident riding the new bike faster. But it's great to see some racing and no one walking away with it (desides those 2).

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I saw JBS take a few chances to stay in front of RD at Freestone. He will win or die trying.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah, Stewart made a few mistakes and if Ryan was close enough he would have capitalized on it. I think the reason he's not crashing is because he's riding the Suzuki. He looks a lot more comfortable on it.

samham

Nov 22, 2002
He looks the comfortablist I have seen him in a long time but still doesn't appear to have that fire under his a$$.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I like made up words but comfortablist actually applies well here. The closest the dictionary came was comfort station. :laugh:

comfort station: noun
Definition of COMFORT STATION
: restroom

Related to COMFORT STATION
Synonyms: bath, bathroom, bog [British], can, cloakroom [British], toilet, convenience [chiefly British], head, john, latrine, lavatory, loo [chiefly British], potty, restroom, washroom, water closet

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Vic said:
He will win or die trying.
He won't die, he's Gumby damit.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
He definitely looks good on the Suzuki.

I'm a little bit surprised by how well they already have the KTM working.

Looks like it's gonna be a good battle. I hope no one gets hurt.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Did not see Round 2, but I was very impressed with Stewart's fitness at Hangtown. Looks like he has great cardio now. Combined with a little more maturity (not riding over his head), he will be the man to beat this year, no matter what bike he is on.

If they both stay healthy and avoid bad luck, I think it will be very close, but Dungey needs to nail every start. He is not as good at coming through the pack as Stewart.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Vic said:
... I'm a little bit surprised by how well they already have the KTM working....
Yes I do read MXA :ohmy: ...buuuut...they tested Dungey's bike and were very impress at how well it was set up. From the suspension to the motor and controls it was adaptable to a wide range of riders. They said that if KTM is looking for a good test rider, they already have one with Dungey.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
dirt bike dave said:
If they both stay healthy and avoid bad luck, I think it will be very close, but Dungey needs to nail every start. He is not as good at coming through the pack as Stewart.

Agreed. RD and JBS seem to be VERY similar in speed... but JBS seems to get through lapped traffic a lot easier than Dungey does.

JBS does look a little more relaxed on the Suzuki. IMHO, he never really looked 100% comfortable on the Yamaha, even the year he won the sx championship with it.

I am really enjoying the lites racing also... for some reason, I tend to root against pro-circuit... but I do really enjoy watching "el chupacabra" and am kind of rooting for him to win it all this year.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Bagget reminds me of Mike LaRocco.

Watching him move forward from a bad start is some of the best action on the track. And when he does catch the leaders he applies tremendous pressure and will make a pass attempt just about anywhere. How can you not cheer for a rider like that!

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

As one who (unfortunately) has too much experience coming from the back of the pack, I agree! That's how you do it!

:nod:

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Okiewan said:
Looks like Dungey's plan is paying off.

And where is the second 250 moto!!??!!
10-4.

The 250's are on the dumb late-night schedule... midnight ET. NBC Sports.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Actually the second motos were scheduled to come on at 5pm ET but since there was a delay due to the lightning it got pushed back to 6pm ET.

Good motos.

Hate to see Stewart out. I really liked the pace they were setting last week and was looking forward to it possibly happening again.

Ivan

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Sorry but no. There was a delay, but the 250 2'nd moto (TV broadcast) was already scheduled for late-night.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
I saw all the moto's in less than 24 hours from the time the first gate dropped.

Sure beats the 2-4 weeks it took to watch when I was a kid.

It is getting better and I am sure it will continue to get better.

All we get to do is complain behind the scenes but those that are actually working to make things better continue to step it up year after year and I am thankful we have what we do at this point and look forward to what we will have in the near future.

Ivan

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Okiewan said:
...Thank heaven for DVR's.
That's for sure but you have to set them to record at least 1 hour longer to catch any rain delays with the live broadcasts.

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
What are your opinions of what happend with JBS and the track worker??

From the gopro footage, it looks like the guy got out of the way in plenty of time... but then again... when you are traveling at JBS speed and you are coming off a jump and see someone in the track... I could see it really messing you up...

Still a bummer situation as I was looking forward to some good battles between JBS and the Dunge.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah he is going fast but I find it hard to believe that the photographer was so distracting that Stewart crashed 50 ft past where he crossed the track. The guy was on the right hand side of the track by the time Stewart went over the jump and he was on the far left side, seemingly committed to the left side of the track.

I tend to believe that this was Stewart’s time to crash. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I do hope he comes back though so we can see some good racing.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…