mx4life

Feb 8, 2007
hey, i got a yz 125 and a part of my fx graphics kit went from white , to yellow, is there any way of getting this back to being white, thanks.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
theres that turtle wax polishing stuff, i was waxing my old bike the other day and i think it actually peels away faded paint.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
i'm sure it would work on the decal kit. if you have some normal wax around your house use it or buy some of that polishing compound and see how it works. my one industries graphics kit is in the same state as yours. ill use some polishing compound and let you know how it works.

mx4life

Feb 8, 2007
alright that would be great, is the part that went yellow a part of the sticker kit with a bunch of little holes? lol thats where i see all the yamaha sticker kits tanned, totaly makes the bike look goofy and i want it gone lol

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
yep, i just tried the polishing compound on my yz, the yellow looks the same, but feels smoother:). if your going to try it, be prepared to dig the extra compound out of the holes.

sixds

Mar 25, 2007
yeah, it looks odd where its yellow on the spot on the gas tank, then the white places on the shrouds are actually white. i think next time i get a graphic kit ill get a darker color one.

smoke9

BikeGraphix
~SPONSOR~
Aug 23, 2004
There are no decal kits that will last forever on a plastic gas tank. Many companies will claim that their product will last but that is simply not true. As the owner of a graphic company, I will tell you the best bet is to apply a new decal kit and drain the tank after every ride. I know that sounds like a lot of work just to save a decal kit.. but it is the only way to get the kit to last. You can always just leave the tank blank :fft: . Hope this helps...

Top Bottom