trips67

Nov 6, 2000
96 KDX 200

I am having a problem with my rear caliper sticking, so I'll give a little background into what is going on. One of the last rides that I was on my rear caliper started dragging, created a lot of heat, boiled the fluid, and locked up the brake when I stopped. I thought maybe i was accidentally dragging my rear brake, so I replaced the pads and rotor. When I got it back together I noticed that the master cylinder was not relieving the pressure. I took the master cylinder apart and the relief port was plugged so I thought I was home free. I then got it back together, bleed the brakes, and it was still not relieving. I took the caliper off so that I could watch the piston, and noticed that when the piston was all of the way in for new pads it would not relieve when the pedal was pressed. When the piston was drove out to where it would be for nearly shot pads it would relieve. So next I tore down the caliper, cleaned it out well, and replaced seals. When I got it back together now the piston still won't relieve when it is pressed all of the way in for new pads.

Do you think I need to replace the piston? Could it have changed size when it saw extreme heat? It looks really clean. I am really stumped? Any help would be appreciated. I hate to just keep buying parts.

Top Bottom