radonc73

Nov 1, 2006
I have a 93 KDX 250. The throttle sticks when I have it pinned. It doesn't happen all the time. I have changed the cable cleaned the carb and changed the reeds. It is a good bike but I don't feel like I can trust it in the tight stuff. I have tried to move the throttle back and forth when it comes and I am calm enough to check it then when I kill it and start it it will stick once then when I restart it it is fine. Any suggestions will help. :bang:

radonc73

Nov 1, 2006
I already changed it. Is it possible to get a bad one from the dealer? It was doing the same thing before I changed the cable so I figured it was something else but I will try to order another. KDX 250 parts are getting harder to find by the day it seems everyone tells me to use KX parts but that doesn't always work.

COMBEN

Nov 7, 1999
If the cable checks out OK then you may want to check that the throttle slide has no undue wear as it may be 'picking up' on the throtle bore.....a little rub down with some metal polish or if bad some very fine wet and dry may help?

paab

Aug 31, 2006
I'm betting that you don't have the little plastic tab on the spring retainer lined up with the groove on the needle retaining bolt thingy.

I had the same problem, and that was my issue.

Top Bottom