sm7482

Jan 29, 2008
how do you do it? on the shock resivor theres a knob, turn it one way and it says low, turn it the other way and it says high. theres also another adjustment on the shock itself i belive it's a knob to. No matter what i do nothing works. i'm 130lbs and when i sit on it, it bottems out.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
The knob on the top , that is on the shock resevoir is the compression adjuster . Turn it in (clockwise ) and it should make it stiffer , turn it out makes it softer .

The rebound adjuster is on the bottom clevis of the shock shaft , turn it in (clockwise ) and it will slow down the rebound , turn it out and it will speed up the rebound .

Now if there is no oil in the shock the adjusters will do nothing , and if you push down on the bikes seatr and let go it will spring up really fast , to the point that it will almost pull the rear wheel off of the ground !

We can rebuild it .

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
sm7482 said:
and how would i go about doing that, were would i add oil?

have a shock shop rebuild it look in the back of "dirt rider magazine" for the classifieds- there are shops in there that can rebuild it- max prolly 200
its worth it though
or have a local dealer do it- or they'll charge ya to send it to the same ppl-lol

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Pete Payne said:
The knob on the top , that is on the shock resevoir is the compression adjuster . Turn it in (clockwise ) and it should make it stiffer , turn it out makes it softer .

The rebound adjuster is on the bottom clevis of the shock shaft , turn it in (clockwise ) and it will slow down the rebound , turn it out and it will speed up the rebound .

Now if there is no oil in the shock the adjusters will do nothing , and if you push down on the bikes seatr and let go it will spring up really fast , to the point that it will almost pull the rear wheel off of the ground !

We can rebuild it .

He's not joking. He is an MX-Tech shop. Try PM'ing him.

Top Bottom