Still have low brake pressure, can't fix

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
I have tried everything under the sun to get my front brake to work but it won't. I posted a few weeks ago about this and tried all of the suggestions given to me. I have replaced the plunger, the pads, new braded brake line, new DOT 4 fluid, everything! I have taken everything apart and put it back together again and it is still the same. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? The brake works but it won't stop you if your moving. This problem started while on a ride and it was very sudden, can find no leaks anywhere.

saveaux

Jul 20, 2005
When you bleed your brakes are you making sure that the bleed valve is at the top? Air floats up, you might need to pull the caliper off and bleed them that way. I had similar problems on my 69 Nova and had to pull the calipers off and bleed them with the valve at the top. I dunno if they fit but autozone/napa/o'reily sells some nice spring loaded valves that REALLY help on bleeding. Best of luck.

chris kuba

May 31, 2003
That's one thing I didn't try. I have blead them every other way. By pushing it through from the bottom, that was what a dealer said to do. By just adding and adding from the top and even sucking it through with a syringe but it sisn't work. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it.

daniel_1988

Jul 17, 2005
ive just got done having the same problem um i just started riding it and they didint work too well then my bro just kept pumping and they finaly pumped up even though i pump it millions of times b4 maybe tie strap the handle down(os put a sawzall on it)lol just kidding about sawzall

May 26, 2005
Get a Mighty Vac air powered brake bleeder. You will go through a good amount of fluid in the process and make sure you keep the resovoir filled but it was the one thing that wroked good for me. I never lost all brakes like you describe but I always felt they were very soft from day one of owning the bike.

hog

Nov 13, 2001
Did you get fluid on the pads? if you did it soaks in, feels soft like the brakes need blead and its impossible to clean the pads once this happens.

yarrowkevin

Mar 12, 2004
take the caliper off the bike put it in the vise, keeping it higher than the resevoir, hook a clear tube on the bleeder with a large syringe on the end with your brake fluid in it, open the bleeder, push syringe to reverse the flow of the fluid it will force any bubbles out of the lever resevoir, hard to explain, but definitely works,

Top Bottom