briank1542

Jul 15, 2008
:bang: I sure would like to solve this problem my kdx 200 96 will not stop smoking it has total engine rebuild, I have gone down in jet size the kips is working like it should I use 1 colder plug and 45-1 mix with yamaha r lube I have A kx125 which smokes A little I know ther is some smoke with A 2 stroke but my 200 is too much any more ideas thanks for any help

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Did you perform a leak down test? Did you check the bore for being out of round? Reeds and packing? Ignition seems okay? Have the ports been altered? What kind of pipe and silencer? Air filter is good and not over oiled? They can gum up and not flow.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure what kind of pipe you have. If you have stock pipe it is lined with fiberglass that soaks up unburned oil. After you get jetting correct, it will still smoke and spooze for a time until the surplus gets burned out. In short, there is a lag on stoping smoking and spoozing until the pipe sort of burns out on the inside. With a stock pipe this may take a while with some hard running to get it all leveled out. You are on the right track to get the jetting worked out. I suspect that you may be still a little rich on the pilot, but maybe lean on the main. Ride safe---John

Top Bottom