Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
finally by Saturday night I decided I had coughed enough and visited the local hospital ER.... although my problem was not related to motrocycle crashes... unless we blame dirtbikes for kicking up that red dust which we were inhaling much of the time (note to self: bring a supply of face masks next year) I was in-and-out of there in less than 30 minutes. A nurse was already asking me about my symptoms during the check-in procedure, then two others checked my vitals and asked more questions.... the doc was there quickly and provided the prescription to fight a bronchial infection.....(what the heck is in that red dust?) The staff knows "cooperland" very well, but they don't recall seing a Cooperland patient for anything other than broken bones or bruises...
congrats to the Stillwater Hopspital; their service is impressive, at least from my experience...

Last edited:

gnarlykaw

Sponsoring Member
May 20, 2001
pokie, I can say the same for the E.R. there. They had me in and out friday night in about an hour! i waited about a half an hour just for the scans of the X-ray, otherwise, I felt like a milk carton on a grocery store scanner!

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Wow! That's a darn good E.R.

I can't say from personal experience, but after seeing just how fast their ambulance showed up on Friday when Troy broke his leg, you know that's one helluva team they've got there. They were quick to the scene and even quicker to get to work.

I wonder if I should get checked for a bronchial infection...my chest hasn't felt right since I got back home and my voice keeps fading in and out. I'm supah squeaky this week!

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
my voice actually dropped about 2 octaves during the last few days of the week....

the wife finally went to the doc today... for the same symptoms... and got the same prescription

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I had the pleasure to visit the Stillwater ER Wednesday morn @ 2:00 AM, after my dirt sample in the woods on Tuesday, :yikes: by early Wed morn, I could not walk, sit, stand, sleep, or anything else (it seemed) the Dr was there fairly quick, may have helped that there were only two other patients. After x-rays, he said it was not conclusive, but looked like fractured ribs.

Gotta agree, the in/out time was outstanding, if you are used to Dallas/Ft Worth Hospitals. :think:

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Yikes, maybe I need to go to the doctor. Everyone in our group is pretty sick. I'm weezing and coughing like crazy. There has got to be something in that red dust...

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
one can pick up a cold or infection anywhere............... as for broken bones, it is directly related to the excess by which you ride your ability...

Paxdad

May 18, 2004
All,
I am the guy who augered in on Tuesday afternoon that resulted in a broken wrist, concusion, and separated ribs from my sternum. Was pleasantly pleased by Dr. Couch as well however, returned to my own Ortho to have surgery. 3 screws and two plates to get my radius back into the right position. Needless to say the trip back to Georgia was long. Still not sure how it happened but sort of think that the edge of my chest protector got caught under the throttle cable when I went to lean over the front end on the face of the jump. When I raised up it pulled the throttle WFO and launched me.
Reid (paxdad).

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Paxdad ... hope it heals qucikly. I was getting pretty worried about you when giving you a ride back to your camp; you said: "I'm not camped here", we were about 100 feet from your rig. Kris Brown saw it happen, says you launched it pretty big.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Ouch! Hurts just to read this! :yikes:

Get well soon.

Top Bottom