N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I'll try to make it but not sure.

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
So how was the meeting and Pizza???

I have a friend here in Kansas that wants to ride the 500. I told him I knew a few people who could hook us up!!!

We'll keep in touch. If I can work things out, I might have a dozen or so riders that would be interested.... :cool:

Our MX series went from 18 races down to 6 this year. Plus we are done in July instead of Oct, so we will have PLENTY of time to ride some trails. My husband is debating on buying an '05 CRF450X or an '07 KTM EXC 450 dual sport. He REALLY wants the KTM, but the frugal side of him is leaning to the CRF. We will see.....

SusanE

DWreck

~SPONSOR~
Apr 14, 2002
The meeting was good. The pizza was great!

I guess the two biggest things that were voted on and passed was trying to build the MX track so that it drains better and is a little more mellow and trying to close the place down for a couple of days after a big rain.

Just let me know when you want to come up and we can figure out something.

Six races doesn't sound like much of a series. Is the track owner burnt out or is rider turn out down?

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Both.
We started the year strong last year with 75 riders and 130 entries. We ended the year with 18 riders and 35 entries.

We had a death of a quad rider at one track with a divorce of the track owner at another track. Things just aren't looking good.

We are forced now to travel to keep up the racing. I think my husband is leaning more towards recreational riding vs. racing these days anyway. My older son has had some bad luck the last couple of years and has hardly had a month that he hasn't had a bad crash.

We still have about 6 inches of snow on the ground here, so I don't think anyone is thinking about riding just yet.

I hope to get a 150R big wheel next month, so my trail riding days should be more enjoyable than on my 250X or my TTR125.

I will definately keep in touch!!!!
SusanE

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Good for you, Susan.

Top Bottom