goldman15

Jun 9, 2001
Does replacing the stock air filter make any slight noticeable difference on an otherwise stock kdx 200? I was going to go with either a Twin Air or a K&N. Any suggestions on which is better? Thanks

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but no, you won't find any performance difference. You'll get better performance from drilling the airbox (see other posts) which will allow better air flow.

I run No Toil filters, but also use the stock one so I can wash all of them at once (using No Toil) rather than having to wash them every time I change the filter - I've got 4 or 5 filters to make life easier.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
I've used stock, no-toil, Uni and Twin air. Never any noticed any difference. Unless the stock filter is poor quality or a bad design (used to happen once in a while in the OLD days), you will not see a performance increase with an aftermarket filter.

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
I have a Twin Air filter. It has about three hour's on it. It did fix my jetting woe's becuase I ran stock jetting but now every thing is all pretty after the filter. But now I changed my jetting again for the SST pipe combo. I am happy with my filter!
CRG

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Hard to beat the price of a NoToil...buy one of their cleaning/oiling kits and get a filter free. Maybe that's a promo that's over?? Nope..I've just found a couple of e-sites that are still advertising it..$18 for soap, oil, rim grease AND a filter!!

It's a decent filter..not as 'plush' as the TwinAir, but a TwinAir is pretty spendy, too. Last one I bought (last week) was $40!

It's the oiling system you use that's important. Something simple and easy as NoToil's setup means you're more likely to keep the filter clean. NoToil is a snap to use..no muss, no fuss. Must take all of two minutes to clean (and clean up after) a NoToil oiled filter.

Cleaning a petroleum based oiled filter is a pain. And what do you do with the solvent when you're done with it? Dump it in the storm drain? Noone is that much an idiot.....are they???

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by canyncarvr

It's a decent filter..not as 'plush' as the TwinAir, but a TwinAir is pretty spendy, too. Last one I bought (last week) was $40!

Yikes! Someone has a heck of a markup. The Twin-Air I bought last month was $28, and that was at the dealer. I've seem them mailorder for about $20.
The No Toil free filter offer is over, but they told me that they will honor any old coupons still floating around.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
The minute I leave out a boring detail...I get nailed on it...

re: TwinAir price....

That price was for a Honda (ick, ugh, spit, hack) Fourtrax (sp?) quad-mobile..NOT for a kdx. Well...I ORDERED a filter for a Honda Recon 250..and it was the wrong filter, so don't quote me on a honda recon 250 twinair price. The snafu hasn't been sorted out, yet.

Oh..and it was $39..not REALLY $40 ;) But it WAS the last one I bought!!

I've bought other twinair 'stuff' and it seems it's been on the high side.
Hhmmm..maybe it's my 'I'll give you a great deal..' dealer??

Top Bottom