stock handguards, I know their garbage, but.....

mwingard7

May 17, 2013
This summer I purchased a completely stock 2004 KDX200. Would like to mount the stock hand guards in a more horizontal fashion, but it appears that the throttle cable and front brake reservoir don't allow that. The stock hand guards point down too much and look awkward.

In keeping with the stock setup of the bike, has anyone rotated the throttle CCW to allow a more level setup of the hand guards as well as having the levers in a more neutral or slight downward position? If not, what is a fix for this? Toss them out and go aftermarket?

EYY

May 22, 2010
Are the the full wrap around type? Or just the flimsy plastic things? Yes you can rotate your throttle setup, but you might need to change where the cable is routed. If you have the flimsy plastic ones, I'd buy some real ones with an aluminium frame. I have my levers pointing slightly to the ground from horizontal, otherwise it's too awkward to ride standing

EYY

May 22, 2010
Depends on what bars you have. You'll need to try to move things around and see what works and what doesn't. It will be different for every bike, and I know as soon as I pick up a bike, the steel bars are one of the first things to go.

Top Bottom