Stock Main, Pilot and Needle for a 2003 KDX220?

glwilliams58

Jun 7, 2005
Could anyone tell me the stock size for the Main, Pilot and Needle on a 2003 KDX 220? Or is there a way to see for my self by taking the carb apart?

I have the FMF KDX220 Jetting recommendations of a 145-148 Main Jet, 42 Pilot and R1173L Needle using the 3rd clip when I add the Woods pipe. I have also seen where no change may be required at all. I live in Florida, at sea level.

Thanks.

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
The pilot and main jet will have the # stamped on them. I'm pretty sure the needle will have #'s as well.
Whatever FMF tells you is most likely a good starting point. Check the jetting guide at JustKDX.com

glwilliams58

Jun 7, 2005
Thanks KDX Russ. I appreciate the response.

I have just gotten off the phone with the real nice folks at Fredette Racing Products. They were extremely helpful and a have provided the following information that I will pass along.

The stock set up for a 2003 KDX220: Pilot 42, Main 145, 1173 Needle.

I am at sea level, so the stock settings are very likely to be okay with the Gnarly REV Pipe (aka Desert). It was also made very clear that the Torque Pipe (aka Woods) would not work well for the 2003 KDX220 and should be avoided.

gw

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
Cool!
I've heard that about the woods pipe not being the best for a 220. Unfortunatly I bought mine with the woods on it, I have the stock pipe but the previous owner left it on his garage floor where mice made a nest out of fiberglass insulation and plugged it solid :yell:
Good luck.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
The woods pipe on the 220 is still way better than the stock boat anchor. I ride really tight trees with lots of stumps, hills, logs and creeks and not much open stuff so I actually prefer the woods pipe. The stock pipes only virtue is its armor plating like durability. If you do dent it, you probably sustained some collateral damage.

Top Bottom