Stock Market Risk

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
If anyone cares, my model is currently at a "10".

Hold on tight, it's gonna be a heckuva ride.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Bo Derrick was a 10.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
0 = Most Risk

10 = Least Risk
Here Pred

So Vic, if I had some flow to invest, would now be a good time to park it in a high risk mutual fund? Also, any suggestions on what industries the fund should be built around?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
FWIW, I think the big cap stocks will probably do best in the coming advance, but it should be pretty broad-based. If you like risk, you could use one of the Rydex levereged index funds to get more bang for your buck. I would generally avoid single industry funds.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Vic said:
Hold on tight, it's gonna be a heckuva ride.

Vic.

I have a question. How does dropping another $ 2 Billion out of an already wobbley helicopter help kick start our economy? To me, it seems like we are going in the wrong direction and the economy will not begin to recover until we bite the bullet and do what it takes to reinstate the value of our dollar against foreign currencies.

By printing and throwing more and more money at the problem, does this not only prolong the agony?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

I'm not a very good economist, but I'm pretty good at making money in the stock market. Current conditions suggest that price risk is relatively low, so I'm buying. Of course, this time could be different.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…