• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
This is a BIG "if" but let's at least see what the pulse is. It will all be dependent on if the fourm wants it, if the product is available for us to install, and if we actually have time to get it shipped and installed. So this will be a really short voting time 48 hours folks.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
just for a bit more info- and to know what you would be voting on-
i just got off the phone with Martin over at Madman racing -
The wide ratio kit for the CR500 he does have ,
and a few in stock,
they are the original HRC wide ratio trans kits.
Honda - HRC- made wr kits for variuos bikes thru the years,
but stopped awhile back-
some of these HRC kits ended up at variuos retailers or hop up shops and still pop up once in awhile.
Thats what is up in this case.

further update is we (SH) are buying the complete stock of HRC CR500 wr kits availible from madman...
(been looking for them for awhile now,and can use all they have, which is limited.)

Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I clicked the wrong option, I changed my vote.. YES for the WR!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Might as well make it as adaptable as possible. I sure liked the WR trans on my 360 KTM, besides it's not like it needs a CR to stay in the power LOL!

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I voted WR but am having second thoughts. How much do we want to send a bike that has a pretty much non available option on it?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
because it's cool, Chili! And the other guys don't have it :nener:

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
Chili said:
I voted WR but am having second thoughts. How much do we want to send a bike that has a pretty much non available option on it?
Works bike oh yeeeaaah! :nod: We're not trying to sell it are we?

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
I would leave it stock, if it was strickly a dez racer or Baja bike I would say ok to WR, but for OA riding/racing, I say stock

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Will all the gears be wide ratio, or just the last couple? I don't like WR gearboxes in 'regular size' bikes, but maybe the 500 is another story? I dunno, whatever AJ thinks is best, I guess...

likelite

Feb 15, 2006
third-fifth are spread out.on a 500 this would make 1st and 2nd good for real tight stuff especially for slower riders.a 500 will have plenty of bottom to pull the taller gears even in the woods.should work well with the rekluse.faster riders could use 3rd in the tight stuff.should just make it better all around for off-road for all different levels of riders.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Brian IMO on smaller displacement bikes a WR can be an issue because of the lack of torque if the spread is too wide, on a 500 with Eric's magic I don't believe there will be anything but big smiles.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Why not just have third and fifth gear? Those are all that bike will need and the weight savings would be substantial. :)

Whatever AJ thinks will work best.

AJ Waggoner

Crash Test Dummy
Nov 5, 1999
Unforunantely-
Despitre riding 500's forever-
I have no experience at all , actually riding a CR500 with anything but CR (close ratio) gears..
so i can't give much meaningful insight. (I have always wanted to try one though) *shrugs*

I can say that in this particular WR set up -
third, fourth, and fifth have slightly different rations and that 1st and second remain the same.

and that a similar ratio trans , is a *fairly * popular set up on CR250's for the woods-
or the desert ..

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
If the first two gears are spaced closely, and 3-4-5 are WR, that would work nicely, I'd think. Like mentioned before, the 500 shouldn't have a problem pulling a taller gear like smaller-bore bikes have problems with. My vote is to go for it, if there is still enough time!

likelite

Feb 15, 2006
aj you are right.bd makes a similar set up for the cr250r and the crf450r.should be good off-road.like said above 500 has mucho bottom.wr should =less shifting.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
My good buddy was an "A" enduro guy district 37.
He ran a wr kit on his cr500 in the late 80's, would swap it every year into his new cr500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom