bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
do you guys know how to find out the specs (dimensions) on the Stock 2003 YZ250F handlebars so that i can compare them with Pro Taper, Tag, and Renthal bends? I bend my stock bars up pretty bad on my last dump so i am looking for new bars.

I like the stock bend so i was wanting to compare.. what do you guys think the best bend for racing is? i am only 15 and 5'8" so i probley dont need i high bend i am thinking.

CanadianRidr

Sponsoring Member
Oct 22, 2001
Well it's not completly accurate, but any "yz-bend" of bar will be fairly similar to stock. For instance Pro-Taper YZBEND, or you can get YZ high bend which will be a higher bend then your stock bar.

I suggest you go to www.mxsouth.com and look at the pro-taper catalog and check all the bar specs there and compare them to a "YZ bend"

Good luck!

PS. As for "high" bend bars, it's all personal preference. But if you were comfortable with stock I would go with the yz bend.

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
FWIW- A few years ago, the stock YZ bends were virtually identical to the Henry/McGrath bend.

bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
also are the AC3 pro taper bars anygood? sence i dont want to spend an extra $70 to be able to mount 1 1/8 bars on my stock triple clamps?

bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
i was looking for an aswer to these questions:

1) are the Yz-Lo or YZ-Hi most like stock?

2) Are the AC3 bars any good? (the 7/8 pro taper bars)

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
1) I can't help ya on this one other than to suggest that a taller rider would feel more comfortable with the higher bar. Never had a bike w/ stock bars.

2) I've always had renthal bars (when I've had 7/8" bars) they were less expensive and I never bent or broke a pair, so I don't know if they are any good or better. My 250 has pro tapers with KX high bend, feel ok to me.
Sorry I misunderstood your question.

bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
no problem. i am looking at either the Renthal 7/8 bars or the Pro Taper 7/8 bars because i really dont have the money to spend on the mounting kit. so whats the renthal bend that resembles the YZ stock bend?

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Originally posted by bushtree
well my bars are off of a 2003 so i dont think its the henry bend

I'm pretty sure Doug doesn't have a patent on the bend, so don't be so sure. :cool:

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Looks like you need part #966-03
Go here: Renthal Site

Converted:
31.61 inch width
3.62 inch height
2.20 inch rise
8.27 inch clamp area
2.24 inch sweep
These would be your stock specs (I believe) so now just compare these #'s to the diff brands.

Last edited:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
i'm not sure if this will help but... heres my story...

i used to run tag cr-hi bars

then i got an 03 250f and loved the stock bend but knew they wouldnt last

i put the cr-hi's on it and didnt like em (too much sweep and a lil too tall)

so i ordered tag kx/kyle lewis bend (little sweep, short, narrow) and really like em a lot

bushtree

Feb 13, 2003
ok thanks everyone. it looks like i will either get the Tag X5 (part#2004) or the Renthal (part#966-03) they appear to be the exact same bend (802-width, 92-Height, 57-sweep)

do you guys think that the Tag or Renthal are better sence they are the same bend? like strenght, and duribility wise.. thanks

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
I don't have any experience with the Tag bars, but IMHO Renthals are junk. I'm sure you can find plenty of people to disagree.

Top Bottom