Stolen bike/Recovered!!!/Some damage:-(

flight

Dec 10, 2002
So my bike got stolen about 4 months ago the police found it today. Then I pick it up and could see damage 20ft away. They road it until it broke basicaly and left it of dead. The pipe was mangled, cracked in two places and had a hole in it big enough for my hand. It wasn't siezed to my surprize just need new piston and rings I hope. I still have to take the head off scared there is wall damge if so what do i do?. The front wheel is missing two spokes and seems to be slighty out of round. IS this fixable thur spoke through spoke tunning? Handle bars bend to SH*& got new renthals though and some new grips bringiner her back to life. The chain is rusted and very dirty but sprockets seem to be ok and i am the master of chain revival. broken back fender(no back fender). Spark plug cap is gone too. Who ever ragged my bike out did me two favors one they pealed off the stickers off the plastic so now i can get a kit!!!! Second sometime along the lines the must have destoryed the tire because its been replaced with a sweeet ass dulop its brand new still has little hairs and the knobbies are huge also the pattern rocks. I know for sure it a new tire by the tread pattern, and the knobby size their is lot more tread on the present tire then the on that was on it when i last saw it. This bike was run on the road alot, the front tire is bald though. All and all my bike is still in very GOOD shape. I feel the fact that i kept up on my bike so well and greased and changed oil all the time just taken care of my bike after each ride. Is why it made it through the forest over the river burned down the streets of baltimore and back in my garage in such good condition. Time to drink a cold one.

what i need from the forum is links to parts sites. Thats all and to share our thoughts on this.

thank you stephen
2003 rm 125

One more thing I would like to ad. My home owners insurace did not cover the bike because it could not be proven to be used in the maintace of the house. Something easy to prove with a four wheeler even a race prepped ATV would be easy to prove that. But not a 2 stroke race machine.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Any competant parts person at your local shop should have one IN STOCK.
Although they may not have the specific one for a "2003 RM125" they should have one that will work great. The problem is that nowdays most parts people aren't smart enough to figure out that a part other than "003-423" out of the computer will work!!!

I'm not bashing all parts counter workers here, but I have run into my fair share of dummys lately.

magneto

Nov 14, 2001
Did they catch the a#$holes who stole it? (I'm sure it wasn't their fault, it must have been the skool system, their parents or the drugs...)

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
I agree with studboy, I went in for an o-ring last week for my fuel valve, and since they didn't have the part that was in the computer, they didn't have one, even though I'm sure back in service they have a box full of different sized universal o rings. Oh come on! After that I just went to the local hardware store and bought one there that worked perfect.

flight

Dec 10, 2002
ok so here what the real deal it on this thread.

The cylinder wall was tore up and has been refinished. After fitting a new piston and ring there was a deep but not loud sound come from the magneto cover side at low rpm. ohh the main bearnings are shot and there is play in the magneto. complete Crankshft assembly is on order. Front fork oil seals are leaking they to and the tools to do the job on order. The steering stop on the triple clamp is broke off and due to that the radiator was bent and cracked (leak) but no worries i got a freind to weld it just still need to get that nub on the clamp re welded (filled). There real wheel is still round but some spokes are seized. Brake pads gone along with the fluid resevior. Oh yeah both brake rotor are bent. I bet the clutch and the wheel bearings are gone to. Damm thess assholes really did i job on my bike but we will ride again. Oh and they never caught the pricks. At the moment my bike it a frame with wheels and is hard to look at. but she will ride again. I'll keep you all updated

Is there anyways to loosen seized spokes?
other then that i've got it under control

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I remember back in the 70's a friend had his Honda 125 elsinore stolen.

They recovered the bike three weeks later. The bike had a full fmf engine. New tires, and a new pipe.

I think both of you guys were lucky to ever see your stuff again.

jasonboche

Apr 3, 2002
flight said:
Is there anyways to loosen seized spokes?
other then that i've got it under control

Just cut the spoke in half with a wire cutter and replace both spoke and nipple that is siezed.

sounds like they really did a job to your bike. What A-holes. I hope the person that stole it, crashed it, and busted his head open. You should go back to the scene and look for human brains on the pavement, although it sounds like the theives didn't have any brains to begin with.

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Show your insurance adjuster a picture of your bike with a pair of Trellies mounted.

"Lawn Core Aeration Maintenance"... ya, that's it!

Top Bottom