Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Posting for a friend who just had his garage broken into and 2 bikes stolen, keep an eye out and let me or the Gimli RCMP know if you happen to see anything.

Bikes are:

2006 KTM 250SX-F VIN VBKMXJ4336M0996617 , bike has tattered stock graphics and is otherwise stock with the exception of an Orange Renthal sprocket on the rear that has a few scratches on it. Bike had the number 73 on the number plates at the time of theft.

73.JPG

2006 Suzuki RM125 VIN JS1RF16C762101203 Basically a bone stock 06 RM125, Note that the numbers in this picture had been removed from the bike as it was for sale. They had shown the bike earlier in the week to what seemed to be a very interested party, said party never called back and the theft occurred a few days later. Nothing else was taken from the garage but the two bikes.

24.JPG

Last edited:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
That blows :|

I'd check the phone records for the number from said very interested party! Incase they don't have caller ID.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
They've got the police looking into it, they were aware enough to grab the plate on the potential buyers car before he departed. Stuff like this is why I hate selling bikes, I always try to meet them at a neutral location instead of them seeing the other 2 or 3 bikes we have when they come looking.

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
Friend not to long ago had a similar situation. Following are sequence of events.
1) Bikes stolen around midnight, police notified 08:00-09:00am
2) Elsewhere police chase a guy shortly after midight found a bike he had dumped in bushes. The bike was taken to impound as not reported stolen at that time.
3) No one checks impounded bike a second time and it goes to auction where it is bought by a "dealer".
4) Dealer sells bike, where it is seen at a local track and reported.
5) Original owner proves ownership, guy who purchased the bike from the dealer had no problem being refunded his monies and the dealer was happy to be out the money he spent at auction.

The owner went to the dealer to find many used bikes, frames, etc., seemed odd to him... something like a chop shop for dirt bikes. Being across state lines and minimal dollars no one cared to pursue.

Possibly may want to look into surrounding bike boneyards or used bike shops as well as impounds.

Good Luck...

Top Bottom