Storm Cycles billet oil fill plugs

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
I never have money for expensive goodies on my motorcycles. I'm always paying for auto repairs, birthdays, vacations, etc. My idea of a fun dirt bike purchase is a new tire, or some grips. So when my oil fill plug started to crack, I went looking for a billet replacement. This, for sure, is a great way to look cool for cheap.

I had seen aftermarket ones in various advertisements, so I started searching. Not many folks make them for kTm's. I stumbled onto Storm Cycles' website www.stormcycles.com, and it noted that they'll soon have oil fill plugs for kTm's. I sent them an e-mail asking when they'd be ready, and Mike Geim promptly replied that they had just finished them. They come in two different styles- one is OEM like, with one "blade", the other is a "t" pattern they call a 4 Star. So I placed my order for an orange anodized 4 Star plug. It also came with a dipstick for those models that require them, for $18.99.

I also ordered a gas cap vent, because my vent hose keeps coming out of the frame and flops all around. Plus, it always twists when I'm taking the cap off. This handy little thing cost me $13.99, and the metal cap was anodized orange to match my fill plug. :thumb:

It's not like I expected anything out of the ordinary, but being my first billet goodies, I was stoked when they arrived. And I must say, it looks cool. The cap vent is more practical than the fill plug, obviously, but if you ever find yourself overcome with a jones to buy your precious some bling-bling, check into one of these oil fill plugs.

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
attached is a pic of the kTm plugs. For all you secret Santa's out there, this might be a fun gift idea for not a lot of scratch.

Attachments

• ktmx3.jpg
    ktmx3.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 163

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
I was just on that site last nite, I am going to get one of the oil fill plugs for my Fifty!.
The KTM orange gas caps and oil fill plugs look pretty Tight!

Top Bottom