strange sounding kdx

launch_it

Jan 13, 2005
i have a 2003 kdx 220r that i just bought. i has had very few tanks of gas about 10 less . it was running great and then all of a sudden this low noise of under water running , or muffled sound this had happened shortly after flipping it over back wards . and running for a mile or so of trail i thought i might have got something up the pipe. i removed the pipe and every thing is clean . i rode the bike today after putting in a new plug and it still takes alot for the power band to kick in . and it does not have that crackle when you twist the throttle . but it will run good at top end or when you really get on it what gives ! i have a fmf pipe but im not sure of the model it was on when i got it . i also run castor 927 oil . there seemed to be a good amout of carbon in the main pipe for a newer bike . it has been awhile since ive owned a 2 stroke

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
You flipped it and then it started sounding/running funny? Could be something in the carb. Did it hit on the side (maybe KIPS damage?) Any water get in anywhere?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…