scheckaet

Mar 16, 2007
I know this forum is not about street bike, but I'll ask anyway.
I'm kinda thinking about MAYBE getting a street bike and wondered what you all have and would recommend.
I am thinking about either a sport or naked bike, or maybe a supermoto?
What I'm looking for is a bike easy to ride, comfortable (as far as it goes on a bike), reliable, cheap. (kinda like the good'ol trusty KDX ;) )
I don't mind getting an older bike (from 90 up to now) I could work on.
Keep in mind, it would be my 1st street bike and don't need (or want) a SCARY fast bike, just a fun bike I could use to commute. I am no speed demon :yikes: and if I want an adrenalin rush, I go on the trail and ride with my eyes closed for awhile, usually does the trick ;)

Any comment / advice appreciated
Wilf

aaldape

Mar 18, 2007
Ninjas (ex250's and 500's) are definitely good starts. The suzuki sv650 is pretty mild also, with a very linear powerband from the vtwin. The honda hawk is popular if you can find one for a cheap price, and a similar bike to the hawk is the suzuki gs500.

Pretty much any inline 4 cylinder (or triple for that matter) will be too much for a first bike (aka all the supersports). A supermoto would be fun, and a lot of those dualsport styled bikes are good on the street because they are usually lighter than the street-dedicated bikes...

Top Bottom