WinterKDX

Aug 25, 2000
Anybody have one of those street legal kits like the Baja Designs on a KDX? If so, what do you think? Does it get in the way?

I think there is another brand out there now that I saw in a catalog. I can't remember the name tho, but it had the turn signals molded into the nuimber plate. Looked slick.

I ask because I want to ride in the NH Classic Trail ride and the brochure says "street legal". Including exhaust not to exceed 99dbA at 20". I have a FMF Torque and TCII. Think I'm too loud?

-JeffR

-

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
The Baja kit is legal in all 50 states, and may have many items that are not required in VT. You might be able to save some money and get a plate without spending the $400+. Call a local dealer or club and ask what everyone else is doing to get their plates.

I have had Baja kits on 2 KDX's and they work fine, but do add 7 pounds or so. You need to either have your stator rewound for more output, or add an on/off switch to the headlight, or else you will constantly run the battery down. The rear signals on stalks will get in the way and break, and should be replaced with something that doesn't stick out so far. The spring operated brake light switch makes the rear brake feel funny.

I think you will be fine on the 99dba requirement.

Top Bottom