type1sedan

Apr 9, 2007
Hey guys. I've been lurking for a while and thought it's time to post. What are the problems associated with converting my 2000 KDX 200 into a dual sporter. I have a KLR 650 and want a road legal bike with more capabilities in the woods without buying a KLX 250 or similar machine. My wife has a KL 250 Super Sherpa. I like it, just don't like the delicate street stuff on it.

wildkdx

Oct 18, 2005
street legal mods.

Baha designs,make sure you ask for the front brake light switch.It doesnt come with the kit.Easy to install.Goin ridin tomorrow,dual sportin, love it :cool: :cool: :boss: no probs....

type1sedan

Apr 9, 2007
Thanks for the replies to my question guys. I was concerned with the fact that most street bikes have a cush drive in the rear wheel. The dirt softens the shock loads on a real dirt bike. I know that in places like Australia and Japan you can buy the bike street legal version of a KDX. Just wanted to know if anyone had problems running theirs on the road.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
I've run mine on the road quite a bit in the past. I often commuted to work with it. I thought about the cushion drive hub, and have heard horror stories from guys with WR's or XR's that killed trannies and blamed it on the harshness of shifting on pavement. No problems with mine, although I stay away from WOT shifts when running on a surface with no give!

I have a Baja Desgins kit on my bike. If I were to do it again I would probably just piece stuff together. Get exactly what you want and comes out cheaper that way!

Top Bottom