jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I got a chance to pick up a 2001 ZX600RR bone stock with only about 4500 miles on it. What's a fair price do you think. The woman that owns it is in a pinch and I may be able to get it for around $3000, should I do it? :think:

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I just bought a 2003 cbr600rr for $8,700 and my friend got a 1998 honda F3 600 with a full Hindle exhaust for $4,000. I would say that $3,000 for a 2001 600 is a steal. I would do it. You could turn around and sell it for $6,000 if you can afford to sit on it for a while.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
That's what I needed guys, thanks! I'll go look at it tomorrow and see how much she "learned" on it if at all. I imagine if its got broken plastic I won't buy it. It is starting to sound too good to be true, but hey I guess I'm just an optomist :silly:

Time to make room in the garage :aj: :yeehaw:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Dont worry about cosmetic damage like plastic and mirrors, that stuff is fairly cheap and 3 K is a good deal. If its bone stock then you can replace the pipes and levers if they are scratched and it bothers you to much. The other thing to consider is how tall are you? The Kawi 600 is a compact bike. I always feel cramped on the Kawi and Suzuk 600s, the CBR and R1 are a bit bigger cockpit wise.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
That's a sweet deal. The 2001 was a great bike.

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I'm chompin at the bit now--I got 1 more hour of work then a 2 hour ride in rushhour traffic :(

:aj: :aj:

I'm about 5'10", I usually don't have too much trouble with size issues.
For this cheap I'd saw off a couple inches anyway :laugh:

Last edited:

bobjay516

Aug 18, 2003
nice ride. Thats a good deal. Just be real careful man. Remember its not how you drive the bike its the cagers are driving around you. Just pretend everyone in a car is trying to hit you.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
JasonJ, I hate to break it to you, but plastics, mirrors and turn signals are not cheap to replace.

bmonnig

~SPONSOR~
Nov 10, 2002
I agree. Plastics are actually one of the most expensive aspects of streetbike repairs. I can't even count the number of mechanically perfect bikes I've seen "totalled" due to plastic damage. You look at a streetbike wrong and you've done $1500 in damage. If you're lucky you can find slightly damaged used panels on eBay, and have them locally repaired/color matched. If you have to buy them new...ouch.

Brandon

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I agree about the plastics-big money!

I also agree about being careful, this isn't my first streetbike, but it definitely is the nicest I've had. I look at every bonehead on the road and try to figure that they will do the worst thing they can to me.

It is a sweet ride though, I put 200 miles on it today! :aj:

JasonJ

Jun 15, 2001
Gret Deal!
Silly Rabbits, never buy factory plastic!!!
Look on Ebay or for race body work, most popular bikes have some dude churning out Fiber glass body work thats stroger and cheaper than the junky factory stuff. I can buy Carbon fiber body work for my bike for what factory plastic cost IF I could find factory stuff new. I can even get a fiber glass or Carbon tank for it and its an 86 ! :) . Lots of people still race em though.

Top Bottom