streetlegal help..tail light/brake light..with a single filiment bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

rxraptor02

Aug 7, 2004
guys,

I have been searching and I think I have found some of my answers but I would like some input on this.

I want to turn the tail light into a brake and tail light.

this is the process of what I plan to do....

From what I read I need to get a resistor and install it on the gpositive wire leading to the tail light? that will dim the tail light.

then from the hydrolic pressure switch install that before the resistor and after it. so when the switch is pressed it will bypass the resistor allowing full watts to the light.

Does this sound correct?

if this is correct what kind of resistor will I need to buy? watts/ohm I am not sure...

I also plan on doing this to the headlight but I didnt find any info on that, but my guess it would be the same. but would the size of the resistor need to be bigger since the headlight has more watts?

thanks
-Jim

Al E

May 26, 2000
Jeff Fredette sells a kit that has the appropriate resistor and connection wires built in.
You could try that, other wise it will take some calculations to get the correct resistance and wattage for the resistor.
Al E
This is for the taillight, it would take a very large wattage resistor to make a High/Low beam for the headlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom