strip paint from stock pipe

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Here it is. All of the spots you see on the pipe are from the millions of times that it has rusted really bad before despite the constant WD-40 bath it received. For some reason the spots show up more with the flash.
I've ridden in the snow a bit with it and it has held up well.
:thumb:

Attachments

thanks guys for the pics.....
joka, thats one sweet ass zook.

hey studboy, i can't get your photo's to work. i tried coating the endcap of my silencer (cause i stripped it too) and it has that wet look. so as soon as i finish cleaning the welds on the pipe, i'm coating it so i don't have to polish like you mentioned all the time. i think it'll look alright.

thanks for the info guys!!! :thumb:

thanks guys!

studboy - its a 2004 with about 5 hours on it, thats why it still looks brand new..

where can i get this clear coat paint and how much does it cost? can i buy a no-name or standard clear coat at canadian tire or something similar?

oh yeah, is it possible to grind down the welds on the pipe? they look sheety

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
I used duplicolor engine clear coat with ceramic. You can buy it at just about any auto parts store here. It was ~$3 for a can, which is enough to do your pipe at least two or three times. I'm sure that you could grind them a bit, but personally I wouldn't go through the hassle.

joka, that duplicolour clear is available at canadian tire, that's where i got mine. it's high heat with ceramic, good to 500deg f.

willy

thanks guys.. hey willy, i just realized that you live in ontario.. where at? im in pickering, we should meet up

joka, ya we should hook up, i'm not too far away, i live in fergus. i'd love too see your bike in person, looks real sweet.

stay in contact, and maybe this spring we'll get out and ride somewhere.

willy, send me an email as it will be easier for me to remember to hook up and ride with ya!