Stripped locknut on chain adjuster.

asdfjkl;

Oct 3, 2003
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find the help I needed in any other topics. Last week I bought a 2002 CR125 and the only thing it really needed was for the chain to be tightened up. I got the axle bolt and the left locknut loose easily, but somehow I managed to strip the head of the right locknut off. If anyone could give me some advice on how I could get it off it would be greatly appreciated.

darringer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 2, 2001
Spray the adjuster with a penetrating oil and let it sit awhile. Then try using a pair of vise grips on the adjuster locknut, and a socket on the adjuster and try to loosen both at the same time. If it's still frozen, use a torch to heat the area around the adjuster and tap on the adjuster to break it free. Since the adjuster is steel and the swingarm is aluminum, lubricate them frequently to reduce the chemical reaction and corrosion between the two.

john stu

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 7, 2002
i see you fixed it already but for others having this problem try removing the axle and axle blocks and using a deep six point socket on the nut

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…