ryan16623

May 29, 2005
I was trying to pull the motor out of my son's 97 cr80 and i'm having a tough time with the mount bolt that connects the swing-arm, motor and frame. It's been awaile since I pulled a motor(86 kxt250) but the bolt should slide right out, right? I don't know if it's froze(rusted tight) to the frame or not but the motor and swing-arm move freely on the bolts barrings. I'm thinking of drilling out the bolt to get it past the frame and then pound it out.

Any thoughts?
also i tried a puller to no avail.

thanks Ryan

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
More than likely the bearings are dry and that has caused to bolt to become frozen. Since the bearings are shot anyway, take a drift pin or a socket extension and drive the thing out with a hammer. When it's all apart you'll have to replace the bearing. Don't forget to use grease!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
CaptainObvious said:
More than likely the bearings are dry and that has caused to bolt to become frozen.QUOTE]

Ryan.

When you pound it out, take a couple of wooden blocks to back up the frame. Lay the frame on its side so that it rests on the blocks. Place the blocks close together on either side of the swingarm bolt and using a soft drift, (aluminum, brass, etc.) and a BFH, pound the swingarm bolt out.

If you try to remove it without the blocks, the frame will absorb much of the hit and it will be much harder to drive the bolt out.

Just me $ .02

Top Bottom