Stuck throttle

SVO

Aug 19, 2002
Hi I have a problem i can`t solve.My brother has a Kx 250 2000,
the throttle keeps sticking and I`m out of ideas.The wire is new and
runs smoothley,the reel is new. The bike doesn`t eat dirt through
the filter and the amount of filter oil is correct.There is no air leaks
anywhere on the motor and no seals are broken.The needle is perfectly straight and correctly mounted and there is no marks on the throttle or in the carburator.It works perfectly when you pin the
throttle but it can stick in any position after one or ten laps without any pattern.If anyone knows what the heck is going on I would be very happy.
best gegards: Erik from Sweden

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The spring retainer on top of the slide may not be seated all the way. It should be detented and you may have to turn it a bit to find the notch.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Check the cable routing. If it works sometimes and not others it may be getting pinched someplace when you turn the handle bars. Remove the tank and look for anything that may catch the cable while your are turning the handle bars.

SVO

Aug 19, 2002
The retainer and wire are correctly mounted.
Thanks anyway.

Layton

~SPONSOR~
Aug 2, 2000
Try a new spring. I've had them sack out over time with the same results you mention.

It's cheap and can't hurt any thing. :)

Dirtvet

Jan 23, 2000
Just some ideas:

1. Zip tie your throttle cable under the tank tight so it can't move at all. If the cable end can pull up and out of the nipple at the carb, it will make your slide rise like if you have a stuck throttle.
2. Check that your throttle grip is not rubbing on the bar end. This extra friction prevents the spring from working right.

YZ-Red

Apr 27, 2000
I had a CR500 with a sticking throttle and it turned out to the throttle slide was worn from engine vibration. The coating on the slide was thinning and sticking in the throat of the carb.

cheers
Red

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
make sure the idle screw on the carb isnt so far in that its hitting the slide...
i heard to get one unstuck is the turn it wide open again and let off.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…