Stupid ring question.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
Been awhile since I owned a 2-stroke, I'm thinking I need fresh rings in it, (it's 8 months old but I didn't get to ride much this summer) Is there anything special about the new breed of 2-stroke eingines that would mean that I need to do an entire top end at once or can I just do the rings? (last time I owned a ring ding long enough to think about this issue they were air cooled and you could over bore them) I just wanted to disprove the old saying that there are no stupid questions. :yeehaw:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
As long as it is apart, why not measure the piston to check for wear? The only extra cost would be one clip at under 2.00....

I dont think your question is stupid. If so, I must be dummer. I looked at it and replied to it!

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
You should be able to get 1 re-ring on the piston before a new piston if you keep the bikes filter system properly clean, jetting dailed in or atleast alittle rich, and properly 2-stroke oil, fuel octane, and mix ratio.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…