Stupidity at its Finest

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
Well I went riding this afternoon with a couple of "buddies" , (i use that word very lightly). So its kind of wet out and mud is flying, one of my "buddies" riding behind me and starts getting the mud from my rear tire. As soon as we come to the end of the road he gets off his bike all pissed off, throws down his helmet, and starts punching me in the back and swearing. ( go ahead kid punch me 1 more time :boss: ) he stops and just keeps cursing. Well apearantly he had been peeved off at me because I got a little mud on his "DIRT" bike? :| So after a few hours of riding around I noticed a smell coming from my friends exhaust in front of me I stop him and tell him that he may be burning oil. His reply,"Nah, thats just the smell of the exhaust." After a days riding we clean off our bikes, curious to know what caused the smell I go over and inspect my buddies bike (DRZ125). As I open the oil filler plug smoke comes pouring out :yikes:. I look in the oil window and see no oil. look back in the oil crank case there was absolutely no oil to be found. WOW! So I say to him, "You do know you need to put some oil in your bike, there is none. His reply, "OHH, will the oil make it go faster?" IDIOT!! :bang:
Im not sure what surprised me more the fact that all this time he had been running on little to zero oil and the bike still ran, or how does this kid even remember to swallow his own saliva.

You guys ever experienced anything like this when riding with people?

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Lol. We're surrounded by idiots! I grew up with a kid who got a new XR100 from his parents and rode it for 3 years without changing or addidng oil. It was amazing how long it ran. I'd guess he had 300 or more hours on it. All we did was ride. Amazing. And I guess the answer to the "will it make it faster" thing is YES, you will be able to walk faster if you don't get some oil in it really soon!

I love those guys who go around puddles in the woods so they don't get thier bike dirty. Funny. I like my bike to be clean when it's in the garage, but I have NO problem blasting through some sticky icky New England clay mud. I woud certainly make it a priority to roost that jack-ass every time I passed him.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Cman250 said:
Im not sure what surprised me more the fact that all this time he had been running on little to zero oil and the bike still ran, or how does this kid even remember to swallow his own saliva.

That's the funniest thing I've read on here in a long time!! Thanks!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
_JOE_ said:
Lol. We're surrounded by idiots! I grew up with a kid who got a new XR100 from his parents and rode it for 3 years without changing or addidng oil. It was amazing how long it ran. I'd guess he had 300 or more hours on it. All we did was ride. Amazing. And I guess the answer to the "will it make it faster" thing is YES, you will be able to walk faster if you don't get some oil in it really soon!

I love those guys who go around puddles in the woods so they don't get thier bike dirty. Funny. I like my bike to be clean when it's in the garage, but I have NO problem blasting through some sticky icky New England clay mud. I woud certainly make it a priority to roost that jack-ass every time I passed him.

I like my bike to be clean on the way to go riding, and dirty as hell on the way back..

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
If you go riding with my buddies you can expect to get roosted. It's part of the fun. In regards to this...
he gets off his bike all pissed off, throws down his helmet, and starts punching me in the back and swearing.
If it was me it would have been his last conscious decision of the day or I might just have decided to remove his plug cap and ride off into the sunset with it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
thumbs said:
. . . If it was me it would have been his last conscious decision of the day or I might just have decided to remove his plug cap and ride off into the sunset with it.
You don't go messin' wit da rat!

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
As soon as we come to the end of the road he gets off his bike all pissed off, throws down his helmet, and starts punching me in the back and swearing.

Brilliant......throw your helmet on the ground and then go initiate a fist ta cuffs with a guy who is still wearing his. I would have knuckle drilled him just for being stoopid....LOL!

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
I remember I went riding with my brother-in-law and a few of his buddies one time. Most of us were on XR400's with one or two guys on 2-stroke Kawi's. His friend, on an XR, made it to the top of a big hill and I came up right behind him. We started chatting about the bikes and I asked if he had put a pumper carb on it yet. He looked confused for a second and said, "No this is a newer XR400. It doesn't have a carb." I glanced behind his knee and, surprise, there was indeed a carb there ;) This wasn't a guy I planned on having deep, meaningful conversations with after that day.

CJR

Jun 22, 2008
Sounds like you need to get some new "buddies" to ride with. You are only going to get into trouble or hurt with these brain surgeons around.

cmp11

Aug 4, 2008
souns like some of your friends are some real idiots lol, yea i had a little mini bike that i never changed the oil in cause i was like 5 and no one ever taught me/no one ever did it for had it for about 3 or 4 years runnin strong on 1 quart of oil never had any problems

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Riding with knuckle heads can be real dangerous. Track or trail, idiots do not know the difference. 2 head ons, 1 t-bone, while watching family and friends. 1 t-bone, and 2 times getting ran into personally. They leave life long memories and scars to prove it.

Cman250

Dude Guy Bub
~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Mar 31, 2007
CJR said:
Sounds like you need to get some new "buddies" to ride with. You are only going to get into trouble or hurt with these brain surgeons around.

Even in such a rural area that I live in, the sport is quite rare. So I have to settle for Dumb & Dumber when I want to ride with some other people. Either that or go school the 8 yr. old down the street on his 90cc governed atv ( self esteem booster). I guess my good friends would rather kick a piece of rubber back and forth into a net. Yippie!!! :coocoo:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil took his bike with him to work one day, as he was leaving straight from there to hit the track. One of his co-workers goes out to check out his bike and notices the plug in the silencer. The guy points to it and says, "I know what that's for, it's so you don't blow your reeds out while you are driving with the bike in the back your truck." The guy was dead serious.

Then today there was a guy who saw me riding medwaste's CRF150R. He came over to question me about it. His 13yr old 5'7 yr old Son needs a bigger bike. So the Dad wants to get him off of his CR85 and get him a CRF150R. I was like well he's kind of tall for it. I felt really big on it at 5'3". Why don't you get him a 125 2 stroke? The guy was like well I was under the impression that the 150R is faster and is the next step up for an 85. I informed him that the 150R is still a mini-bike. He was like well they cost more than the 125s do, so they must be better and faster.

I had a friend with me from work, he doesn't know squat about bikes. He was like even I noticed that his kid's bike and the one you were riding were the same size.

Last edited:

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
Sometimes, the higher the education, the less of anything approaching mechanical aptitude. A buddy in law school got a new chevy truck. We went in parking lot to look at it. I asked what engine does it have?? He looks puzzled for a second, walked to back bumper and then proudly said, "It's got a V-5." I looked at his bumper and it said it was rated v5. In his defense, other than his total lack of anything mechanical, he was/is a great guy.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
2strokerfun said:
Sometimes, the higher the education, the less of anything approaching mechanical aptitude. A buddy in law school got a new chevy truck. We went in parking lot to look at it. I asked what engine does it have?? He looks puzzled for a second, walked to back bumper and then proudly said, "It's got a V-5." I looked at his bumper and it said it was rated v5. In his defense, other than his total lack of anything mechanical, he was/is a great guy.
Those are the types that get an engineers diploma also!

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
You guys can make fun of them all you mant, but face it. We can't all know everything. First time I knew what oil did was when I was 11 years old and my XR100 ran out of it! I had to cut grass the whole year without getting paid, and that was my only way of income!

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
I agree Cabot. This one should be in the flame forum.

kawidude said:
I remember I went riding with my brother-in-law and a few of his buddies one time. Most of us were on XR400's with one or two guys on 2-stroke Kawi's. His friend, on an XR, made it to the top of a big hill and I came up right behind him. We started chatting about the bikes and I asked if he had put a pumper carb on it yet. He looked confused for a second and said, "No this is a newer XR400. It doesn't have a carb." I glanced behind his knee and, surprise, there was indeed a carb there This wasn't a guy I planned on having deep, meaningful conversations with after that day.

This statement so reminds me of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I wonder how many people would consider gearhead talk "deep meaningful conversation"? We live in a gadgety world. Many have zero interest in knowing "how it works"- Just give me my gadget and it better work gd-it!!! :laugh:

The older I get the more I realize how comical it is the number of things my eyes have glazed over with that distant look of non-comprehension when someone is talking at me (cough, football, choppers)....Then later --when my peanut sized brain makes its latest shiny object discovery and I have a new interest?? --All that blah blah noise suddenly is vital, pertinent... I can't get enough of it. I become the droner, rather than the dronee. (cough, never football....choppers??? uhhh...) :)

Last edited:

wake_rider

Feb 21, 2007
fatcat216 said:
I agree Cabot. This one should be in the flame forum.

This statement so reminds me of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. I wonder how many people would consider gearhead talk "deep meaningful conversation". We live in a gadgety world, where many have zero interest in knowing "how it works"- Just give me my gadget and it better work gd-it! :laugh:

The older I get the more I realize how comical it is the number of things my eyes will glaze over with that distant look of non-comprehension when someone is talking at me (cough, football, choppers)....Then later, when I actually have an interest all that blah blah noise suddenly seems interesting and pertinent and I can't get enough of it and become the droner, rather than the dronee. (cough, never football....choppers??? uhhh...) :)

So how about those Packers? :)

mox69

Mar 26, 2007
You guys laugh about people telling you they have a "v5", or "reed blowout protection devices," but I guarantee that y'all don't know everything about everything. It's hard to tell if some of the people in these stories are the think they know it all types, or just plain ignorant people.

Some people choose to inform themselves about their "hobbies or purchases" other people don't.

Because of my job, on a weekly basis I get asked the dumbest questions on earth about computers. While they tend to be funny and good conversation pieces, I would never look down on these people. Sooner or later your going to be in the same boat.

Just this weekend my brother convinced me to come bow hunting with him. I walked into the store a complete n00b and asked a million questions that I knew were retarded. I really didn't care. The guy laughed at some of my questions, but it wasn't in a condescending manner. I just want to frickin shoot a bow, I could care less what weight my arrows are, what the camo pattern is or how often I need to change the string. Just tell me next time I need to bring it back to you for maintenance :). I have more hobbies than I do time to master them all. Some get more attention, some less.

Granted im smart enough to recognize when I'm in over my head. I obviously asked the guy about what maintenance my bow needs, and what to do and not to do. And if I ever find myself in a technical compound bow hunting discussion, I will simply state that I don't know crap about it.

On the other hand , if some smart ass walks up to me and attempts to have a technical discussion , on a subject that I am well versed in. I have no problem putting him in his place if he is giving incorrect or false information. If he just continues to spout BS, I usually just walk away. Eventually it starts to feel like I'm attempting to clap with one hand :)

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
mox69 said:
Some people choose to inform themselves about their "hobbies or purchases" other people don't.

The people we laugh at are not the ones who don't know what they are talking about and ask questions.

We are laughing, ridiculing and downright disrespecting the morons who act like they know everything about something and they don't.

Ignorance is fine. Arrogance attempting to hide ignorance is stupid.

Ivan

Top Bottom