KX'er

Oct 12, 2000
Anyone be able to give me an Idea on how much a new subframe for a 00kx250 will cost me? It is bent beyond repair..

Thanks

Smitty

Alowishus Devadander
Nov 10, 1999
Mine is on the way from MXSouth for $185 from AC Racing.

Tip: Never crash in the first turn.

bigred455

"LET'S JUST RIDE"
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2000
watch out for them ac subframes,the plastic won't match like a oem subframe..
a new oem subframe is around $375

Last edited:

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
AC Racing

Funny thing, I just bought one for my bike. Nice subframe and excellent customer service if you have any questions or problems. MSRP is about $435 for the '00, or you could buy three AC's. Moto Sports Outlet has them a bit cheaper, but Mike at AC would probably match their price.

KX'er

Oct 12, 2000
which subframes are nice? the ac's? sounds like conflicting opinions, could you expand a little?

Thanks!

KawieKX125

~SPONSOR~
Oct 9, 2000
I ahve neard only one good thing about AC from 727.
You can get a BBR if you ahve a good relationship with a dealer through White Brothers for about 240.
Or, you can go on to ebay and wait for one to show up:confused: .

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Well, I need to explain a bit more. Did some research on the AC's. A friend bought an AC for his 2000 KX. It looks great and everything fit perfectly. I have a '98 and I had just received my AC but hadn't installed it when I posted the last message. The sub-frame is made of larger diameter AL than the stock. The '98 is round tubing vs. the square on the '99 and up.

My sub-frame mounted up perfectly, but the plastic didn't fit perfectly and one of the threaded inserts came out.

Contacted Mike at AC and he took the frame back without question, fixed the threads and double checked the alignment. Had the sub-frame back in two days. The plastic is still a little off, but not as bad.

The answer to the alignment differences between my friends and mine was this: The round tube frames have to be heat treated and they sometimes warp. The square tube frames don't need the heat treating, so there is no chance for warping after they are welded.

In any case, the mis-alignment on the left number plate was slight and AC indicated no reservations in taking the frame back if I wasn't satisfied. Mike even said I could try if for a while, and if I was unhappy, he would refund my money in full.

Since you need a newer square tube sub-frame, I would recommend you give it a try. You'll save quite a bit of money and the frames do appear to be of quality construction.

That said, if you need a round tube frame, you may want to consider another source. If I do have any more trouble, I'll probably be contacting BBR to see what they offer for my bike.

Good Luck

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
Funny you posted that. I just checked out BBR after posting my message and found that deal. I couldn't get my wallet and phone fast enough. I ordered two. Can't beat $100 for a BBR sub-frame. I'll mount it up tomorrow and probably send the AC back.

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
AC Subframe

KX - 727,
Do you have a phone number for AC Racing? I have a subframe to return.

FYI,
Ebay has an AC Racing subframe for 99-01 KX 125/250, "buy it now" $100.00.

Item # 598048205

Good Luck,
Scott

Last edited:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Bought an AC sub-frame for my '99 KX250. Quality and workmanship seemed to be high. No problems with fit or finish. I did buff and polish it out before installing it. Plastic and alignment were spot on. The above thread that listed some problems seemed easily remedied with a call to AC. I would buy from them again. Especially since at the time the dealer price at the local money pit... er shop was $300.00 plus.

Motohead00

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
motonoggin: Your's is square tubing, correct? If so that would seem to match up with what I was told about the heat treating and warping with round vs. square.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Yes, mine was square. I was not familiar with the process for the round vs. square and heat treating and all, but seems to make sense.

I rode the bike for another year with the AC sub-frame, no problems. Never bent it, the thread inserts never stripped or pulled out and I was very happy with my purchase. Now if BBR had one of theirs for $100 buck at the time, you can bet your "sub-frame" I would have been all over it.

Motohead00

Top Bottom